Subtitles on UE46F6740SB

Here is information about customize your F series firmware.

Jazz

Subtitles on UE46F6740SB

Post by Jazz »

Hey,
I'm having trouble with subtitles on this TV. It supports a couple of sub formats, but not quite.
TV displays every subtitle white and I'm having trouble reading it in white scenes. I thought I could use .ass/.ssa subtitles, however TV plays them just like .srt files, they're white and small and shitty and....
Then I thought I'm lost, but my cousin brought his HDD with some .mkv films and I found out, that the TV actually somehow supports .sub and .idx, which is a good thing (not for 3D, which I'm having trouble also).

But now I can make my own subtitles (dunno about size, but yea), they work fine in PC, but when I mux them inside .mkv and play it on TV, the subtitles change their color to white/gray. Dunno, why it is. I think it's somehow ignoring the palette or something, is there a fix? I'm looking all over the internet for the past month or so and am greatly tired, it makes me wanna throw the fkin' TV outta the window.

Thanks for help.

P.S. I tried playing 3DHSBS .mkv movies and subs (.sub + .idx) are on the sides, however when I switch my TV to 3D mode. Only picture gets '3D'ed, subtitles stay on the sides like it's adding them at last.

Return to “[F] Firmware”