F6300 - Faulty USB ports causing reboot loop(?)

This forum is for information related with F series hardware.

bubbaganoush

F6300 - Faulty USB ports causing reboot loop(?)

Post by bubbaganoush »

I'm mostly certain the USB ports on my TV have gone faulty. If there's any USB flash drive plugged in the TV reboots every 2 minutes and 30 seconds from when the boot logo first appears. If I try to access a USB drive, it is stuck on the loading spinner and reboots in less than 2 minutes.

I've had a root USB flash drive plugged in for many years without problems. I rarely use the USB ports for anything else. Maybe a couple times a year I plug in a flash drive to watch a video file. This past week I tried to watch something on a flash drive when this behavior started. Since then it boot loops with the root USB flash drive plugged in too!

I've wiped all the root related stuff and done a factory reset. It didn't solve the problem. So I suspect the USB ports have gone faulty. The TV works still fine when USB ports aren't used.

I guess there's probably slim chance anybody has any suggestions. I don't think I've seen this issue mentioned before so I figured I'd post it for posterity.
Murdock
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: F6300 - Faulty USB ports causing reboot loop(?)

Post by Murdock »

I also suffered from this problem on my UE32F5500AW. I tried at least three usb drives. Even completely empty flash drives restarted the system.
I deleted all root related files to. Both binary and log files.

Finally, I had to upgrade to the next available firmware version (T-MST12DEUC-2127.0) to fix the problem.

To do this, I had to turn off the watchdog, because without it, the television had already restarted before starting the software update. After the software update, I turned the watchdog back on.

It’s been over a year, but since then, there’s been no problem with my television. The root also works.

But I noticed a single little thing that I don’t know what causes. Nor do I know if this error has occurred in previous software versions.
On the television, three files are always created in the "/mtd_rwcommon" directory: IIC_ERROR_count, IIC_ERROR1.log, IIC_ERROR2.log.
I think the contents of these files may indicate a hardware failure, at least for me.

IIC_ERROR1.log file examle content:
11640 IIC ERROR!! 0xec TCON : Write
11641 IIC ERROR!! 0xec TCON : Write
11642 IIC ERROR!! 0xec TCON : Write
11643 IIC ERROR!! 0xec TCON : Read
11644 IIC ERROR!! 0xec TCON : Read
11645 IIC ERROR!! 0xec TCON : Read

Return to “[F] Hardware”