Region change for UA40F5500 - Limited to Asian (and S American) regions

Here for general support for F series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Kac2009

Region change for UA40F5500 - Limited to Asian (and S American) regions

Post by Kac2009 »

Good Day to one and all.

I have a UA40F5500 that I received from my brother and I intended to use this with the cable point to receive signals via DVB-C. However, during the channel tuning settings, there is only "Air" available, no "Cable" (implying that the DVB-C tuner is not enabled)..

Here is what I have tried so far:
1) I have managed to get into the Extended Service Menu thanks to the FACTORY + 3SPEED.wav files supplied from this forum
2) Type and Local Set fields are now EDITABLE

However, I am unable to change them to any compatible setting to get the DVB-C (Digital tuner) tuner/Cable working...(Only "Air" is available when selecting the tuner)

For REGION selection, there is no PANEURO (as advised by one of the earlier threads in this forum) in the list, only regions around Asia (Singapore, Australia, Japan etc and some South American countries)

For Local Set, I only had very limited sets of options to choose from (no EU_XX that I could choose).

By the time I received this TV (it was from my brother), the firmware was already in this state...(not sure if firmware downgrade is needed)

Any experts here can point out what other settings (Local Set / Tuner / Region) I need to change to get the DVB-C tuner working?

@zoelechat or any other mod, current firmware for my UA40F5500 is T-MST12UABC-2131.0 / T-MST12DEUS-1006 (when I received it).
Can it be downgraded?

Thanks in advance!

Return to “[F] Support”