Surely it would bother noone as this tv is not sold anymore
Would be very nice
Anyone had this applied and/or know if we can get hold of it anywhere?
BULLETIN NUMBER: ASC20150408001
BULLETIN DATE: 04/08/2015
MODELS: PN51F8500, PN60F8500, PN64F8500
SUBJECT: Distorted video / flickering in black or dark scenes when Black Optimizer is on
SYMPTOM: The picture gets distorted or displays a ghosting/flickering image in black or dark scenes when the Black Optimizer feature is turned on.
REPAIR: Upgrade the Logic board software. Please follow the steps below.
1. Create a folder named “PDP_LOGIC” in the root directory of a USB thumb drive.
2. Download the proper Logic S/W file. See the below table.
CAUTION: MAKE SURE TO SELECT THE CORRECT FILE FOR EACH MODEL. FAILURE TO DO SO
MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE TV SET.
Model File Name
3. Rename the logic file from LOGIC_xx.bin to LOGIC.bin, and then save it into the PDP_LOGIC folder on the USB drive.
4. Insert the USB thumb drive into the TV’s USB port.
5. Go to Factory Menu → SVC → Upgrade → Logic USB D/L.
6. Press Enter to select Logic USB D/L.
7. Press the right arrow on the remote control to start the upgrade. The value will change to “Upgrading”. Please wait until the process is completely finished. The TV will restart when done.
CAUTION: Do not turn TV off during this process to avoid damage to TV.
8. Note the new logic board version on the top level of the factory menu.
This information is published for experienced repair technicians only and is not intended for use by the public. It does not contain warnings to advise non-technical
individuals of possible dangers in attempting to service a product. Only experienced professional technicians should repair products powered by electricity. Any
attempt to service or repair the product or products dealt with in this information by anyone else could result in serious injury or death. Information provided in this
bulletin is subject to change or update without notice.