Apps missing after Smart Hub reset

Here for general support for F series TVs, request and problem solve area.

GRBaset

Apps missing after Smart Hub reset

Post by GRBaset »

Hello, since I rooted my TV I've been having problems with Smart Hub apps like YouTube, Prime Video... to the point they no longer even launched. So I tried a Smart Hub reset through the regular menu, but all apps disappeared except the Web Browser, even the app store is missing, so I can't download new apps. I then tried doing a full reset through the regular menu, then after that failed, factory reset + Smart Hub reset through service menu, still missing. The only difference I noticed is that the TV is significantly faster after the factory reset (it was painfully slow before) and that the storage used dropped from ~600 MB to just ~100 MB after the SM Smart Hub reset. Everything else seems to be working fine, though. Can I install the app store somehow or what should I do?
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Apps missing after Smart Hub reset

Post by miazza »

This looks very similar to what happened to me:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=13340
What is your TV model ?

I'm not sure this is realtaed to the root itself but in some way it seems related in such a way that the root is keeping a big part of the TV storage and the SH fail to update and to start. In my case I also cannot upgrade/downgrade FW because there is not enough memory to dump the installing image. At the beginning I could also not complete the channel search because of memory issue.
I really do not know where the problem is with the storage issue. I tried to delete via ftp all the log etc... but this is not helping.
There shall be something quite big somewhere to be deleted but I did not locate it.

Please check if your TV is keeping wireless settings storage after switch OFF (my TV loose any setting after switch off).

I tried almost all the tutorial and instructions from other users but none of them helped.
I also tried manual install of the Smart Hub widget but they are not stored after TV switch off.

Don't play too much with the service menu: it is useless and you can end with an unserviceable TV.

If you find a solution I will be glad to try it also on my TV.
If you would like to make any comparison between your TV and mine ... I am available.
The root is still working on my TV ...

I'm still convinced that this is a SW issue , either due to the root process or due to Samsung Smart Hub , but I could not manage to solve it because also FW downgrade is failing...
AVOID TO PUBLISH AND DISCLOSE SAMYGO PROJECTS ON OTHER FORUM.
Emis9050

Post by Emis9050 »

I have the same problem too
I send my TV to the Samsung Center to repair the psu. They do a software update. After this the apps stop working and after a reset the apps are missing.
Have you found a solution?
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

No. No solotion yet. I've taken an Amazon Firestick...
AVOID TO PUBLISH AND DISCLOSE SAMYGO PROJECTS ON OTHER FORUM.

Return to “[F] Support”