Help: Manually transfere widgets ftp won't show in smart hub

Here for general support for F series TVs, request and problem solve area.

imtiyazee

Re: Help: Manually transfere widgets ftp won't show in smart

Post by imtiyazee »

Dear All,
I guess there is little or no space for me in this forum, i can get prompt response for writing in Capital letters criticisingly, knowing its my first post but no solution to my concern. Never mind its the end of road for me here. Keep the good work going and i quit this forum for good.
Thanks a lot to all.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

F series widgets are not well investigated so you couldn`t get support. As i said already. I think yuo`re here a bit to early with your problem. F series became rooted just weeks ago and i feel you`re hoping to much.
If you checked solutions we know were working on E series and failed, then that`s all what i could advice to you.
Good luck.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
LONBoy
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by LONBoy »

Hi, I'm lookin for help with this exact same issue. I have almost warn out the OFF button from btoh remotes.

Let me explain that following the instructions I had this issue, but suddenly they appeared. I had change to other country as a few apps did not run. (The ones I did not open when on the country hub).

So I manage to root my TV in seconds, I have now done it so many times. I upload the _img files wich are the ones that contain the info, and the ones without the _img. They are sucesfully uploaded to the user folder, same one as SamyGO.

I then turn the TV off on the remote (have tried with both) and on the TV. Wait for the click sound, and then turn it back on. When it worked last time, I would go to More apps and it would appear, now I can only see that the apps are taking up space as I have less space available, but cannot see the apps. I have also unplugged the TV and left the TV off for hours but still no luck. Anyone any Idea what I'm doing wrong?

I have also tried uploading the files with the Excellent "Smart Hub Widget Manager" when I use this they do appear, but only the ones that are in zip, with are the SamyGO and the app someone uploaded, But I don't know how to process these files into zip so they work. Is there anywhere that says how?

I'm really stuck here, I don't mind using one method or the other, but just don't know why I doesnt work.

Just for your info, I have Factory Reset and Reset via menu quite a few times, I even went thru all countries I was interested in so the menus would load but still nothing.

When you say reboot the tv, you are refering to turning it of on the remote right? I have unplugged it still no luck.

Help pls, is there a ZIP repository with Samsung apps?
F8000, 1109
LONBoy
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by LONBoy »

Sorry, forgot to also say, I have tried with the update system from tv and the widgetlist.xml when i try this I get a security error from samsung. It detects and says it will load the files, but as soon as the first one is loaded i get the security error.
Am I compressing incorrectly? the file size is correct, have used SamyGO as reference and the size matches.

I create these files by tried both these ways: Inlcueded ALL the folder in the zip or Just the files in the folder, eithr way I get error.
F8000, 1109
saraj2000

Post by saraj2000 »

I have the same problem on the F8000 series with 1109 Firmware.

I have managed to install SamyGO and root the TV without any problems. I then copied the various country apps that I want over to my computer, returned to my home store (UK), copied the app files back into the user folder, but they are not appearing in the SmartHub. I have also restarted my TV multiple times, but the apps are still not there.

Has anyone managed to get multiple store apps working with a configuration similar to mine?
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

You did check under "More apps"? Sideloaded apps don't show under my apps automatically.
F9000 + SEK-3500U
LONBoy
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by LONBoy »

Hi M11, yes I have checked. Under more apps they don't appear, I have even looked on the top bar were the apps you don't want on the more apps goes to. As I said, the funny thing is they once appeard in the past, but I had to go to other store. Not been able to replicate. They only appear if I use the apps sync method, but for that I don't have the apps zip. if i zip the folders they won't work.
F8000, 1109
hispan1cMT

Post by hispan1cMT »

LONBoy wrote:Hi M11, yes I have checked. Under more apps they don't appear, I have even looked on the top bar were the apps you don't want on the more apps goes to. As I said, the funny thing is they once appeard in the past, but I had to go to other store. Not been able to replicate. They only appear if I use the apps sync method, but for that I don't have the apps zip. if i zip the folders they won't work.
I have a same sort of question. I downloaded all the _img directories from different countries (NL/ES/BRAZIL/US/UK etc) and uploaded them to the user folder. This works fine after rebooting the TV I find them at "More Apps".
But now, how can I use these _img directories with the Sammy Widget Manager? This one only accept .zip files, how do we make these .zip files from the _img folder?
UE46F6500 FW 1111 - Rooted
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

dont use widget manager, copy required files trough ftp by hand.

Or

maybe someone will make app to transfer IMG widgets to tv...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[F] Support”