Can you DL widgets to your PC when you have root?

Here for general support for F series TVs, request and problem solve area.

MS7

Re: Can you DL widgets to your PC when you have root?

Post by MS7 »

M11 wrote:To confirm this theory, can someone with F series TV post their Apps Version? You can find it in Menu > Smart Features > Apps Settings > Properties > Apps Version. Is it 5.221?
On UA50F6400 running 1116.2, my Apps Version is 5.2451

I'm running into the same issue as another Aussie on this thread. I would like to use *any* working Netflix widget on an AU Smart Hub. I've tried both the US and UK Netflix folders via FTP with SamyGO but coming up with a blank screen. I've been able to add UK and German widgets just fine on an AU Smart Hub. I now have to resort to changing to US Smart Hub so I can get my Netflix fix but prefer to use AU to take advantage of the OnTV local AU features.
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

MS7 wrote:
M11 wrote:To confirm this theory, can someone with F series TV post their Apps Version? You can find it in Menu > Smart Features > Apps Settings > Properties > Apps Version. Is it 5.221?
On UA50F6400 running 1116.2, my Apps Version is 5.2451

I'm running into the same issue as another Aussie on this thread. I would like to use *any* working Netflix widget on an AU Smart Hub. I've tried both the US and UK Netflix folders via FTP with SamyGO but coming up with a blank screen. I've been able to add UK and German widgets just fine on an AU Smart Hub. I now have to resort to changing to US Smart Hub so I can get my Netflix fix but prefer to use AU to take advantage of the OnTV local AU features.
Thanks! That means the problem is not the Smart hub version. The new app (v4) works on my BD player and it has Apps version 5.23xx so its older then yours.
That BD player is a strange device, even Vudu app works on it (Vudu app has a region check in app).
I can't find any region check in Netflix app. It has some DNS and time checks, but that should not be a problem with my setup (I have DNS forwarded in router).
Only thing left is that Smarthub checks with server when you start the app and starting the app is stopped if your TV is not US region. I will try to sniff my network traffic...

I probably could help you get Netflix v3 working in Smart hub set to AU. If you are interested then send me a PM.
F9000 + SEK-3500U
liminal

Post by liminal »

Hey guys, another aussie with the same issue for Netflix v 3.x

My apps version is 5.276

I am on the aussie smart hub. But on the same properties page I have a "Netflix ESN"?

Return to “[F] Support”