Extended menu and IR extender.

Here for general support for F series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Extended menu and IR extender.

Post by Lordbyte »

I ended up using a much more comfortable way ...

- TV is on, and showing any normal channel.
- On normal remote I press INFO
- On Android device with IR-capability I press "FACTORY".

Thats it .. You are now in extended service menu :-)
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.

sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Lordbyte wrote:I ended up using a much more comfortable way ...

- TV is on, and showing any normal channel.
- On normal remote I press INFO
- On Android device with IR-capability I press "FACTORY".

Thats it .. You are now in extended service menu :-)
Maybe we should add this to wiki? IIRC it's not clear enough :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

zoelechat

Post by zoelechat »

INFO+FACTORY from TV ON access only service menu, as well as INFO+MENU+MUTE+POWER from TV OFF.
AFAIK not "extended", except maybe if you previously had unlocked it :?:

edit: I was wrong !! :P
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

I have a H6400 with a IR extender and I'm trying as well to enter the extended service menu. However, the TV doesn't react to the wavs I "play" using the extender. I'd like to troubleshoot the issue and see what's wrong.

I've tried with volume = 100% and with individual keys as well, but the IR receiver doesn't signal anything. If I listen to the wav (FACTORY+3SPEED_inv.wav), I can hear two screetching sounds, so audio is ok.

I've also tried to see if the IR extender sends the signal, and I've used my phone camera in preview mode looking at the extender's circular side. As you might know, you can use a mobile phone's camera to catch faint light from IR diodes (I can see the regular remote). However, I can't see any IR activity this way.

I'd like to ask:
* where is the IR diode placed inside the IR extender?
* can you guys see activity via the phone when playing back content?

I don't have any mixers that might mess things up and I don't know where to get more power from.

I will try to send the signal via the phone as well...

P.S. Sorry to revive this old thread, but it seems appropriate...
H6400, firmware 2602.2 downgraded to 2130

miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

mad_ady wrote:I have a H6400 with a IR extender and I'm trying as well to enter the extended service menu. However, the TV doesn't react to the wavs I "play" using the extender. I'd like to troubleshoot the issue and see what's wrong.

I've tried with volume = 100% and with individual keys as well, but the IR receiver doesn't signal anything. If I listen to the wav (FACTORY+3SPEED_inv.wav), I can hear two screetching sounds, so audio is ok.

I've also tried to see if the IR extender sends the signal, and I've used my phone camera in preview mode looking at the extender's circular side. As you might know, you can use a mobile phone's camera to catch faint light from IR diodes (I can see the regular remote). However, I can't see any IR activity this way.

I'd like to ask:
* where is the IR diode placed inside the IR extender?
* can you guys see activity via the phone when playing back content?

I don't have any mixers that might mess things up and I don't know where to get more power from.

I will try to send the signal via the phone as well...

P.S. Sorry to revive this old thread, but it seems appropriate...
The IR Extender need to be attached to the IR receiver that on my TV is located close to the red led that is blinking every time you push a button on the remote (right bottom corner).
This WAV procedure is quite tricky anyhow and sometimes it is not working also to me.
If you have root, I have seen there is a procedure with RC Remap that sounds more robust:
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5?title= ... SPEED_keys
AVOID TO PUBLISH AND DISCLOSE SAMYGO PROJECTS ON OTHER FORUM.

mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

Thanks, I will try with the extender next to the receiver. I was trying at about 1.5m away. I will also try to send regular keys (e.g. INFO) to see if it's picked up at all. Should the IR receiver blink if it receives a key code like Factory/3Speed?

zoelechat

Post by zoelechat »

zoelechat wrote:INFO+FACTORY from TV on
equals to
INFO+MENU+MUTE+POWER from TV off, then FACTORY+3SPEED
Better then use INFO from real remote + FACTORY (only) wave from IR extender (be quick! :) ). FACTORY+3SPEED.wav hasn't been reported always reliable, and it's simpler...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

mad_ady wrote:Thanks, I will try with the extender next to the receiver. I was trying at about 1.5m away. I will also try to send regular keys (e.g. INFO) to see if it's picked up at all. Should the IR receiver blink if it receives a key code like Factory/3Speed?
Yes IR receiver shall blink and the extender shall be really attached to the receiver (I have experienced it was not working at 1cm distance).

mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

Ok, thank you for the suggestions - I didn't think distance would be an issue... What is the "active" part of the IR extender? The curved edge or one of the sides (seem opaque)?

miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

mad_ady wrote:Ok, thank you for the suggestions - I didn't think distance would be an issue... What is the "active" part of the IR extender? The curved edge or one of the sides (seem opaque)?
Try the curved edge ... anyhow make some test until you see it working.

Return to “[F] Support”