Need help! UE55F7000 stuck in 'Matrix' mode?!

Here for general support for F series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Dominator

Need help! UE55F7000 stuck in 'Matrix' mode?!

Post by Dominator »

Hi all,

Because I was possibly having some HDMI handshake issues between my new Intel NUC D54250WYK and my UE55F7000 TV (I would only get picture from the NUC if I would turn it on before the TV was turned on), I decided to try and adjust some settings in the HDMI part of my TV's service menu.

Everytime before changing a parameter (ON->OFF, OFF->ON, 200ms->400ms, whatever), I wrote the original setting down and after testing if the new setting would work (in the end none did the trick) I return the paramter to it's original setting.

I can't remember when exactly but at one point when I returned from the service menu in normal TV mode (TV OFF and then ON again), the TV's picture had a greenish 'The Matrix movie like' tint to it! I've been through all the TV's picture setting a dozen times, tried counteless factory resets but without result.

The thing is, the green tint is there for all regular TV channels as well as all HDMI inputs (xbox, playstation etc.). When I set a HDMI input from default to PC, the green tint is gone! Also, when I now do a picture-in-picture (starting from a HDMI input set on PC) and set a regular TV channel as the 2nd picture, the TV channel's picture is also without the green tint. When I return a HDMI input from PC back to default (----) or return to normal TV, the green tint / filter thing is back again!

As I have all my HDMI inputs set on PC (for low lag/latency xbox, playstation gaming), the green tint is not an issue. But for normal TV watching it is!

Maby somehow I accidently changed a setting somewhere in the service menu or maby because of a bug in the TV some setting was changed and there is now way to set it back? I have no idea.

At the time, the TV's firmware was the original 1118 (no custom firmware). As I can't reprogram the same version firmware or downgrade, I can't test if a firmware overwrite / downgrade wil solve my problem (reset the setting that can't be changed via any means).

UPDATE: To check if a new / other firmware would fix my problem, I borrowed a SEK-2000 evolution kit from a friend. After successfully installing it, the TV's firmware shows 1001 (must be a new firmware numbering for TV's with evolution kit attahced). Now I can do a manual update to firmware 1003. Still, the green tint is still there :(

Although this forum is intended for SamyGO firmware related things, I hope someone can help my with my problem!

Greetz,
Dominator
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vwun426

Re: Need help! UE55F7000 stuck in 'Matrix' mode?!

Post by vwun426 »

Hi, I posted a very similar problem under "un55F8000 trouble". The only difference is that mine has a magenta tint instead of green. I too have been through my service menu countless times trying to make sense of the parameters and I was very careful to record any parameter before I modified it. I do remember however doing a service reset in addition to a factory reset and suspect that may have been the culprit. Samsung has suggested doing a Smart Hub reset from the regular TV menu but that didn't work for me....maybe someone can post their service menu values for comparison...its truely frustrating as it appears it's just a setting/software issue and not a hardware problem...
Dominator

Post by Dominator »

Your problem is indeed similar. I have an olive green tint when the TV is set to regular boradcast and/or HDMI inputs set to default while yours is pink / magenta when streaming video from different smarthub apps.

I'm thinking of maby just calling the Samsung Home service and get them to send over a mechanic. As I bought my TV about three months ago, I still have warranty. Also, the TV is bigger then 37 inch so I should qualify for the free repair service.

I think it's wise not to mention to them I was in the service menu or else I'll maby need to pay for the repair as I shouldn't mess with the service menu in the first place. Or can they see (the last time) the service menu was accessed? Still, I'm pretty sure it wasn't my wrong doing in the servic menu and it's just a software bug that was triggered when I returned from the service menu back to regular TV. Could have happend to anyone right? Include a Samsung certified mechanic :D
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Dominator wrote:I think it's wise not to mention to them I was in the service menu
That stands to reason :D
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
vwun426

Post by vwun426 »

Well, I think the Samsung tech can tell if the service menu was accessed and how many times if they wanted to know.... I also have a UN55H6300 and it logs the number of times this menu was accessed....it probably can't tell who accessed it though. Samsung can also enter the service menu via remote management software and do a factory reset from there.
vwun426

Post by vwun426 »

Changed the mainboard in the TV, problem solved....took all of 15 minutes.

Return to “[F] Support”