Request feature for F series. Task list.

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Request feature for F series. Task list.

Post by juusso »

Do we need such topic? Like one for D series...
Devels sometimes are out of ideas even if they want to do something useful. They could come here to check what to do when become boring :P
Here are some tasks moved from D series list and still actual on F. +added requests found on F series brainstorm.

1. EPG for whole channel list? Done. 02/02/2015
  2. clock and date info on the INFO dialog for other sources
  3. Timeout setting for Channel Info (sec.) Done. set to 4.5sec
  4. set extra duration the TV should record before and after EPG time (PVR) Done. Check libZoelPVR
  5. Samba/NFS share mount Done.
  6. ssh server In progress...
  7. Yellow subtitle font. Ability to allow change of the color and font size via a config file. Add subtitle overscan Done. Use fontsizecolorpatch
  8. Timeshift limit (remove 90min limitation)
  9. Record to ext4 restriction (why not to xfs or ext3 or even to fat32?) Done.
  10. "cropping" 16:10 mode for video playback. Additional video modes?
  11. Use P.SIZE in MediaPlayer (video) mode for toggling screen size like in TV mode.
  12. Own function to RC button. For example - run bash script for NFS remount with "FamilyStory" button. - aka MyButtons for B series Done. Use new libRCremap
  13. Decrypt PVR recordings + no scrambling for new recordings. Done.
  14. Disable header scan for each file for network shares (Endless "Loading" if you have tons of files)
  15. Backup/restore custom display- and audio-configurations
  16. Turn off Teletext with 1 Key (Pressing EXIT button will not exit TTX mode!)
  17. Play ISO Files From USB
  18. Combing Cable and Satellite Tuners
  19. Enable PIP in MediaPlayer mode (Live TV as PIP source)
  20. Enable hdmi input as PIP source
  21. ...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
miley

Re: Request feature for F series. Task list.

Post by miley »

juuso. You kindly included my suggestions for improvement in point 9. Here is a more systematic write-up of my suggestions after 2 weeks of using the UE55F8000, that I have communicated to Samsung in the Netherlands. It should update and replace your Point 9. I hope that some of these suggestions can be followed via SamyGo, once an F-series version is available.

"I purchased a UE55F8000 TV a few weeks ago and am using it in dual cable/ satellite mode. Here are several suggestions for improvements in the user interface that could be implemented in future firmware upgrades. Although my experience is with the UE55F8000, several of the suggestions apply to all your 2013 TVs.

I grade these suggestions in order of importance from **** (extremely important) to * (would be nice).

A. Additional capabilities of existing remote:
1. **** Tuner 1 (e.g. cable) and Tuner 2 (e.g. satellite) should therefore be accessible with 1-button keys on the remote, when viewing TV, e.g. via Keys A(Red) and B(Green).
Changing between cable mode and satellite mode is extremely unwieldy at present, needing about 6 keystrokes on the remote. The A,B,C,D buttons are presently unused when watching TV.

2. **** When watching TV, there should be additional 1-button access of the USB input (to allow easy inspection of programmes recorded on the USB hard disk). This could be e.g. via Key C(Yellow) on the remote.

3. ** To allow turning off the screen while listening to the radio, there should be 1-button that does this (e.g. via Key D(blue) on the remote. This can be done, but is extremely unwieldy with the present system.

B. Additional capabilities in channel management.
4. **** Favorites channels should allow a combination of channels from Tuner 1 and Tuner 2.

C. Additional information about satellite channels:
5. ** For satellite channels, the Satellite name should be indicated in the information and channel name lists.

6. ** For Satellite channels, the satellite name and transponder details should be indicated in the channel information.

7. * It would be useful to have a search function based on name to find individual satellite stations among the thousands available.

D. Smart TV
8. *** The first page of the Smart TV hub should be customizable. At least the users favorite apps should be capable of being shown.

E. More buttons and customisability on future remotes.
9. ** The inputs HDMI 1 ? 4 and USB should be accessible from the remote. This means that a remote with additional buttons should be provided, preferably programmable. Although these commands are not available/ hidden on the supplied remote, they are programmable on my Logitech Harmony One

George Miley
robert

Post by robert »

juuso wrote:[*]"cropping" 16:10 mode for video playback. Additional video modes?
I would like to see the "Screen Fit" format available for all video resolutions. Right now, it is only available for 1080i/1080p, and all other resolutions are cropped, which is especially annoying in 720p, where this is not needed at all.

And in 576i (PAL SD), my UE60F7090 not only cuts off way too much, it also does so asymmetrically - it cuts off visibly more at the top than at the bottom of the picture contained in the received video stream.

So a "Screen Fit" mode, which scales all pixels from any received video stream to the full panel while maintaining the selected aspect ratio would be perfect.
JtMA

Post by JtMA »

Record to ext4 restriction (why not to xfs or ext3 or even to fat32) Removed.
Can you please tell us newbies where can we find some info how to do so? I tried to search in this forum and found nothing that could help me :(

Thanks
Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by Lordbyte »

JtMA wrote:
Record to ext4 restriction (why not to xfs or ext3 or even to fat32) Removed.
Can you please tell us newbies where can we find some info how to do so? I tried to search in this forum and found nothing that could help me :(

Thanks
You may manually load the libPVRAnyDev.so module (? + ? Bugficks 2013). You can find it here on forum somewhere :-)
Or, if you are a casual user, you may load the libPVRAnyDev.so from the tool-menu in the E/F-series PVRDecoder.
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
myname70
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by myname70 »

I am not sure if the wishes below could be technically implemented,, but will be good to have the following options:

1. while listing the channel list, sorted by Name, to have an option to go to Letter - for example, if needed a channel NovaTv - somehow to go to channels starting with letter N
2. to have Subtitledownloader app installed on the TV. (similar we have on DM800 Enigma boxes and MED1000 media Linux players)
mehmethan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mehmethan »

Having PIP in HDMI mode with DVB is possible

my wish would be using PIP while DVB mode to seed HDMI screen as additional picture and maybe some modification with 50:50 screen size PIPs in two modes, HSBS/ HOU

another wish is an open CloneView

BTW. F Series should be similar to E series, so it should be possible on both Series ?
dreamonn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by dreamonn »

Would it be possible to add a series link function to the improvements planned for the EPG?
edytibi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by edytibi »

If possible, I'd like to change the Media Player interface (All Share): the USB Flash/HDD content preview to a simple Folder/File List (instead of animated thumbnails) with full name sorted by name from top to bottom single-column (like in Total Commander/Midnight Commander), to add the option to delete files from the USB Flash/HDD (just like in the Recorded TV player interface), and to change that purple background with blue.
When selecting USB Source I'd like the TV to remember to show "All files" instead of asking me every time what files should it display (Video/Photo/Music/All).
Thanks!
Later Edit: When playing movies from USB Flash/HDD, at every start/pause/play the info bar appears at the top of the image.I would like to disable that, and that info bar to appear only when pressing the "INFO" button on the remote control.
WST

Post by WST »

A good idea would be an option button for feeds:
For example in germany when there are 5 "bundesliga"-games at the same time on saturdays, conference is at the 24/7 channel "Bundesliga 1" and the five games are on feeds like "Bundesliga 2, Bundesliga 3, etc...). Would be great if someone could implement a function, that you only press a key on the remote to see a list what "Bundesliga" channels are on air at the moment and then choose the one you like to see. Same for CL, EL, etc.

Return to “[F] Brainstorm”