Livestream / Smart view

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Livestream / Smart view

Post by arris69 »

greeno wrote:Hello.
Anyone know if there is a modified version of the application "samsung smart view" under win7 / 8 (home basic, home premium, etc).
Aplication "Samsung Smart View" - http://www.samsung.com/global/smartview/english/
work only on the pro versions of windows7/8.
If not, if at "http://IP_TV:9090/liveStream/1" there is a stream A/V, then there would the possibility of using, for example, the application "VLC" to play the stream.
Or any other solution by which you can be to play the stream from the TV on your PC ?
but first you have to patch the tv's app to turn off encryption for the stream...
greeno

Post by greeno »

Yes, sorry for the long time delay, but recently I have little time. Is someone able to remove the encryption for the stream. To be honest I was interested by a modified version of the software "samsung smart view" which would work on win7 / 8 in the basic version. If it is not interested in other solutions.
greeno

Post by greeno »

Hello. A little searched the web and found a solution how to install the application "samsung smart view" on Windows 7 Home Premium.
It should be:

Press Windows + R and enter cmd.
Right-click the command prompt icon in the taskbar, then again right click on Command Prompt and select "Run as Administrator"

Type in: net localgroup "Authenticated Users" / add
#Add yourself as a member of the group with the following command:
net localgroup "Authenticated Users" <Your user name in windows> / add

And run the setup and install the samsung smart view.

Unfortunately, I do not know why but the application does not work when the TV is in standby hdmi, but only in analog mode (antenna). The program reports that:
"if you connect your device to a tv via hdmi smartview isn't supported. To use Smart View please connect yout device to another port"

In analogue mode, it is a problem because it freezes the image and sound is transmitted only. But this is not a problem because the system also installed a program on Win8 and is exactly the same problem.

Someone may be able to solve the problems concerned.
Yours.
greeno

Post by greeno »

Hi, I managed to solve the problem of "freezing the image" on when the preview. To correct the problem, change the permissions to C: \ Program Fil ... \ SmartView \ logs (or another depending on the installation) because the installation application does not have permission to write to the log.
matrixabc
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by matrixabc »

Return to “[F] Brainstorm”