Just bought a F7080 and was shocked about the weak EPG:
- Only one day
- Cannot record by default 10mins longer, otherwise often the last 2mins of a movie are missing
- Cannot record series as I was used to
- Cannot program a record remotely
Therefore I'm looking for an external solution:
1) Source as XMLTV from the web. A lot of grabber exists, e.g. WebGrab+Plus
2) A frontend that shows the EPG and let the user program records in many ways as a HTML page running on a server, an app for a tablet or as Samsung TV app.
3) The most difficult part is the interface to the Samsung TV and the reason, why I'm writing in this forum.
Problem 1: Turn on TV, possible over IR or HDMI (for me no problem over IRTrans)
Problem 2: remotely program the recording. The only way I currently see is to send lot of keys, as I would do manually. Probably this is not so reliable. There are lot of interfaces. Any better idea?
As long as there is no solution for step 3 over a safe protocol (e.g. HTTP, Telnet) I've solved it over remote commands (error prone without feedback):
1) Check, if TV is turned on (send command over LAN and get exception, if TV is turned off)
2) If TV ist turned off, I send over IRTrans the Power On -> TV turns on -> wait >45s until all is ready
3) Send commands over LAN -> Go to Program Manager -> Add Recording
4) If TV was turned off, turn off again
Now I'll continue with step 2. Add a recording if the TV is turned on will happen only if I force it explicitly, otherwise my server will do it during the night. Sound is no problem, because it's external, so no problem during the night.