XMLTV EPG and PVR access

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

hotsnow

XMLTV EPG and PVR access

Post by hotsnow »

Hi,

Just bought a F7080 and was shocked about the weak EPG:
- Only one day
- Cannot record by default 10mins longer, otherwise often the last 2mins of a movie are missing
- Cannot record series as I was used to
- Cannot program a record remotely

Therefore I'm looking for an external solution:

1) Source as XMLTV from the web. A lot of grabber exists, e.g. WebGrab+Plus
2) A frontend that shows the EPG and let the user program records in many ways as a HTML page running on a server, an app for a tablet or as Samsung TV app.
3) The most difficult part is the interface to the Samsung TV and the reason, why I'm writing in this forum.

Problem 1: Turn on TV, possible over IR or HDMI (for me no problem over IRTrans)
Problem 2: remotely program the recording. The only way I currently see is to send lot of keys, as I would do manually. Probably this is not so reliable. There are lot of interfaces. Any better idea?

Cheers
F7080 with FW 1117 and SamyGo Extensions
hotsnow

Re: XMLTV EPG and PVR access

Post by hotsnow »

Hi all,

As long as there is no solution for step 3 over a safe protocol (e.g. HTTP, Telnet) I've solved it over remote commands (error prone without feedback):

1) Check, if TV is turned on (send command over LAN and get exception, if TV is turned off)
2) If TV ist turned off, I send over IRTrans the Power On -> TV turns on -> wait >45s until all is ready
3) Send commands over LAN -> Go to Program Manager -> Add Recording
4) If TV was turned off, turn off again

Now I'll continue with step 2. Add a recording if the TV is turned on will happen only if I force it explicitly, otherwise my server will do it during the night. Sound is no problem, because it's external, so no problem during the night.

Cheers
F7080 with FW 1117 and SamyGo Extensions

Return to “[F] Brainstorm”