Procedure to follow is same as J root so I won't detail everything again but just provide some notes when differences are worth to mention. Better first read whole post here though.
Features and addons (J posts #2 and #3) are strictly same for K.
- There's no need to block https://osb-apps.samsungqbe.com for widget to remain on reboot.
- "Instant On" and "Always Instant On Support" have to be disabled into (extended) service menu (->Option->MRT Option), or strange things could happen on power cycles.
- Watchdog must be disabled as well (->Control->Sub Option) If you've got Exlink port on TV, you can set it to "Debug" at the same time to get output from it.
- Widget USB sideload is no longer possible on K, you still can install widget (attached) by yourself if you know how to use Tizen Studio.
- Otherwise VirtualBox VM from J root has been updated and now includes K widget, so that's the one you have to select for install.
- Don't look for "ticker", doesn't exist on K. You'll have to launch installed widget manually once you prepared USB and restarted TV.
Actually you can even prepare USB first then install widget since install starts it, without need to restart TV.
- Use attached SamyGO_K_sysroot_*.7z instead of J one.
- If your firmware is T-HKMFK, in folder USB/SamyGO (=SYSROOT): delete sc.bin and rename sc.bin.HKMFK to sc.bin
- Once started, widget should quite quickly show "ununderstandable crap with numbers" on screen (NO, it's NOT "an error"!!): If after a while you didn't see it but still only "spinning wheel at top right" (=loading): reboot TV and restart widget.
- Same as J, first launch of widget is expected to be very long (up to 15min), just let it work until you see root (top) notification on screen or successful FTP/Telnet access.
- T-JZM*: You just have to move root widget to Home screen.
For quicker autostart, first enable "Autorun Smart Hub" from Menu->System->Expert Settings: ...for Smart Hub to start as soon as TV is powered on, and place widget on Home screen: Widget will then start itself about a minute after TV bootup.
- T-HKMFK*: Currently and unfortunately, no autostart on T-HKMFK, you have to start widget manually on every TV boot to get root.
You still can setup Smarthub/Widget same as T-JZM above, that way you can at least reach widget easily straight after TV started.
- In wait for hypothetical other solution, you can use libSoftPowerOff as partial workaround.
- If you want to decrypt PVR recordings and/or widgets, take respectively tzpvrdmpkeys and/or tzspmdecrypt bins from J sysroot archive and put in yours (from J/SYSROOT/usr/bin to K/SYSROOT/usr/bin, matter of strange copyright way of thinking, don't ask me)
edit: (sysroot >=1.3) tzpvrdmpkeys no longer needed, especially on T-HKMFK where it didn't work!
- Any Oscam related post/question will be deleted without prior notice. Here is root topic.
Code: Select all
17/04/2022 v1.4c - Slight change to run.sh for series unifying - Added downgrade.sh script for convenience 25/01/2020 v1.4b - Tiny adjustment for (upcoming) browser based root compliance, no change at all in features 7/7/2018 v1.4 - Added: sftp-server - Fixed: unreachable NTFS drives through smbserver - Improved stability: sgo_fs_exec, sgo_rcremap (should much help in preventing random crashes, especially on root startup) - Fixed: HKMFK potential smbclient/crypto fail due to non-inserted (built-in!) sha256_generic.ko module 23/4/2018 - VM update: include latest widget 20/4/2018 - Widget update: T-JZM autostart fix 22/3/2018 v1.3 - Fixed recordings decryption on T-HKMFK, now using (added) srf_decrypt on keydumper missing/fail (thanks racocvr) - Fixed large amount of files issue in smb/nfs clients scripts, MUCH faster now (due to no feedback I left former scripts as .oldversion, just in case) - Added WebIF/source.php URL to remotely get current source from TV 7/2/2018 v1.2N - Almost first release