UE40H65000SLXXH downgrade flash & root

General Forum talking area for H series TVs.

GeorgettaCZ

UE40H65000SLXXH downgrade flash & root

Post by GeorgettaCZ »

Hallo,

Well, I have this TV for about 6 years and it still rocks! However, now when I want to play something from the website, lets say a free video of the local TV serial from a web site of the local TV channel, the browser sometimes freezes. So as the TV is already over the warranty period I decided to play a bit with it and hopefully upgrade the software equipment of the TV.

I have plenty of experience with flashing custom firmwares in PC motherboards, rooting and custom ROMs in mobile phones and even unlocking car radios! TVs are my last part of the cake ;o)))

The TV is currently on the latest 2900 firmware but I believe, I will be able to disable the OTN and flash the 0000 first. And then flash the 2130 to root it and get some advantage from it. All the necessary files are downloaded by now and I will let you posted as I will make pictures of progress.

Wish me luck!
ZGod

Re: UE40H65000SLXXH downgrade flash & root

Post by ZGod »

It would be good to have an overlayfs with newer stuff or maybe bind mount newer files on top of old ones, but I don't think it's easy to do this and then reload the relevant applications. One basic issue to solve would also be the old cert store.

Return to “[H] General”