Skype app will not be available

General Forum talking area for H series TVs.

mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Skype app will not be available

Post by mihd »

Marflow wrote:
mihd wrote:I would be very grateful for the Skype widget for H-series, downloaded from the TV to the computer until 2 June.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/duiyrw
Very thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TV: Samsung UE40F6330AK (FW: T-MST12DEUC-1119.0 2014-02-22 / SamyGO) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1);
TV: Philips 26PF4311 + Cable TV Receiver LATEL LC-808HD (with NFS client, DLNA - n/a, Samba - n/a);
Router: Netgear WNDR3800 (FW: OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-beta2) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (SEAGATE Expansion STBX1000201) (with NFS,DLNA and Samba servers).
faf1988

Post by faf1988 »

mihd wrote:
faf1988 wrote: how can i reset?
Are you kidding me ? I refuse to help.
THANK YOU!!!! Now it works!!

Should I block firmware update?
Do you think that I should do it trough router or service menu is enough?
Thank you
mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mihd »

Marflow wrote:
mihd wrote:I would be very grateful for the Skype widget for H-series, downloaded from the TV to the computer until 2 June.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/duiyrw
Personal message for you !
TV: Samsung UE40F6330AK (FW: T-MST12DEUC-1119.0 2014-02-22 / SamyGO) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1);
TV: Philips 26PF4311 + Cable TV Receiver LATEL LC-808HD (with NFS client, DLNA - n/a, Samba - n/a);
Router: Netgear WNDR3800 (FW: OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-beta2) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (SEAGATE Expansion STBX1000201) (with NFS,DLNA and Samba servers).
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
swiderro

Post by swiderro »

Hello
My samamung series H was rooted by my friend
And everything was ok
Today by accident i make upgrade a firmware.
After that Skype disappeared.
I make reset smartHUB but it doesn't help.
I don't have skype in smartHUB in lifestyle
Skype is nowhere.
My question:
is it possible to install SKYPE from USB ?
If Yes, how can i do it and where can i find files instal of skype.
I found some skype widget from russian page but it does't fit to series H
My TV H6400
Please help me
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

What FW verision do you have? How did you "by accident" make "fw upgrade" ? :) It's really, REALLY hard when OTN Support is set to OFF and updates blocked on router :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
swiderro

Post by swiderro »

OTN support was set off
On router was also blocked (msecnd.net , samsungotn.net)
By accident
When I turn on the TV always shows (ALWAYS only once) the information about an update ,at the same time I was changed something in TV and by accident push OK button
before an accident i had
T-MST14DEUC_2130.0 but now a have new firmware
But i also have:
fw T-MST14DEUC_2130.0
FW T-MST14DEUC_0000.0
and i can do downgrade
markust

Post by markust »

swiderro wrote:OTN support was set off
Does this mean, disabling OTN is not sufficient to block updates? So, disabling the URLs in the router is a MUST?

What is the minimum requirement to block APP updates, i.e. the removal of Skype?

Reason for my (stupid) questions is, that my parents router does not support URL blocking and I don?t think they can replace it themselves. Disabling OTN support they can probably do themselves. So I would like to know if this is sufficient or if both measure are required.

Thanks!
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

swiderro wrote:OTN support was set off
On router was also blocked (msecnd.net , samsungotn.net)
By accident
When I turn on the TV always shows (ALWAYS only once) the information about an update ,at the same time I was changed something in TV and by accident push OK button
before an accident i had
T-MST14DEUC_2130.0 but now a have new firmware
But i also have:
fw T-MST14DEUC_2130.0
FW T-MST14DEUC_0000.0
and i can do downgrade
LOL. If "tv always shows the information ..." It means updates were NOT correctly blocked on router. Big part of blocking the updates is the part where you CHECK if blocking works. You did NOT check. :) You ignored what we say :)
swiderro

Post by swiderro »

OK! I see where i made mistake.
I put the name of domain to block in preferences of my router but i didn't turn on the blocking
So now my router is blocking
msecnd.net
samsungotn.net
But I still don't have skype on my comuter. Could you help me? How can i install skype if I dont't have skype in smartHUB ?

Return to “[H] General”