Is the following possible with SamyGO?

General Forum talking area for H series TVs.

Disappearer

Is the following possible with SamyGO?

Post by Disappearer »

Hi there. So I've been checking this community for a while now, considering to root my H6400. I've disabled OTN and blocked updates urls in my router but since even experienced users like zoelechat say that there's always the chance something goes wrong during the rooting process = bricked TV and AFAIK there's not such a thing as a log with apps / benefits of a rooted TV, I'd like to ask whether it is possible to do the following things. Those are the things that matter to me the most when it comes to the TV capabilities/limitations (along with FLAC support and maybe a way to sync audio/video but these aren't that important/prolly impossible), so if they aren't possible with SamyGO maybe I shouldn't mess with my TV in the first place.

1. At some point (probably after an app update) Youtube was crippled because a). It stopped supporting 1080p b). Clicking anywhere in the progress bar with the Smart Touch Remote Control used to take you to that very point in time - that stopped working too. Does SamyGO rectify those issues by installing an updated/alternative Youtube version or some other way? Is there someone with a root TV who can confirm there's a workaround for these?

2. The TV supports HEVC but not HEVC 10 bit. Is that possible with SamyGO?

Thank you.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Is the following possible with SamyGO?

Post by juusso »

None of your wanted features are available nor are to be fixed after you gain root.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Disappearer

Post by Disappearer »

Thanks for your reply juusso, greatly appreciated.
Bummer, I was hoping Youtube could work as it used to by using an alternative app or even by going back to an older firmware (but I guess the problem doesn't lie in the firmware of the TV or the version of the app, rather than the fact something changed on Youtube and Samsung doesn't want to update the app). Not sure it makes sense to request it as a feature.

So in order to see what you can do after gaining root/the available apps one has to simply check the threads in the [H] Software section, right?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

thats correct. And by reading all this stuff you will understand whether you need root or not
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Disappearer

Post by Disappearer »

Makes sense. Well disabling PVR DRM is certainly useful and I also see there's an adblocker (which I'm not sure it would work on Youtube though since ads and content come from the same servers now) so I am gonna think about it. :)

Return to “[H] General”