Change motherboard on a bricked TV

General Forum talking area for H series TVs.

dinak

Change motherboard on a bricked TV

Post by dinak »

Hi guys,
I messed it up with the service menu on my TV UE22H5000AK which is now bricked and bootlops with an inverted logo.
I already tried to shorten eeprom but nothing, still reboot.
I found the same exact motherboard on Ebay for a reasonable price and I wanted to ask y'all if changing the mainboard actually is a solution to my problem.
Thank you in advance!
dinak
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Change motherboard on a bricked TV

Post by sectroyer »

In 99% of cases, YES :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
dinak

Post by dinak »

Thank you so much!! Since I'm already here, may I ask you something.
Is it possible that some wrong data in the service menu makes the TV work fine but it makes it seem like the devices connected via HDMI to it have a much lower resolution that the actual one they have (fHD)? I'm asking you this question because when I was younger I used to play with the service menu a lot and I messed it up once but I've been able to make the television work properly by changing some settings. I never noticed the problem with the HDMI bc I used the TV to see low quality channels, but some days ago I wanted to try and connect it to my new PC and the problem occured. Then I tried to change the settings on the service menu to get them to the original ones following a service manual and, unfortunately, I got something wrong and completely bricked the TV.
Thank you in advance!!
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Well I don't use HDMI, everything over USB or LAN. But it shouldn't matter as with new board you will get new settings, so everything will be as out of the shop. Also better not play with menu there isn't anything useful there :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
dinak

Post by dinak »

Thank you so much for your help! You really made my day!

Return to “[H] General”