Streaming UK Live TV

General Forum talking area for H series TVs.

monarols

Streaming UK Live TV

Post by monarols »

I am currently a subscriber to GetFlix, but was wondering if there is any paying provider that Streams all the UK Channels Live (Im in Australia)

Currently I can only watch BBC News etc from the day before on catchup iPlayer

Have a Samsung H6400 TV which is set to UK Locale, but the "On Now" screen is just blank (obviously) be nice if you could populate it.

Thanks Chris
ovbg

Re: Streaming UK Live TV

Post by ovbg »

Yes, actually you can. There are two ways I can think of off the top of my head.

1) Zattoo. This is by far the best method. Zattoo is a Swiss service that just so happens to also re-stream all the main UK FTA channels (BBC One, Two, Three etc, ITV 1, ITV 2 etc, Channel 4 and so on). They offer a free and subscription service. Free and the video quality is really poor, under a sub (which is not expensive) not only does the video quality jump to HD for BBC and ITV1, but you also get a full PVR where you can record shows, and every programme of every channel is available for the last 7 days.

Don't know if it works with Getflix, but it does with OverPlay.

Catch? As you switch to the Swiss or German Smart Hub to access the app, you will loose the BBC iPlayer.

There is a full review over here: (which also shows a pile of other ways to watch live UK TV): http://www.eyeondemand.com/2013/03/08/z ... elevision/

... it is possible that Zattoo will also work directly in your TV's browser, so you could remain in the UK Smart Hub. Worth trying.

2) FilmOn. It is possible that your model Samsung TV may work with FilmOn in the browser. FilmOn's UK channels are blocked outside of Europe, but OverPlay has been supporting them via Smart DNS.

worth trying.

Alternatively, just grab a chromecast stick from Dick Smith and make sure you can do two things to your router. One, put Smart DNS in your router's network configuration, and two, block Google's DNS (shown here): this is a far better method than direct via your TV! http://www.eyeondemand.com/2014/04/01/h ... smart-dns/

Return to “[H] General”