55H7000 root/PVR decrypting

General Forum talking area for H series TVs.

idbirch
SamyGO Project Donor

55H7000 root/PVR decrypting

Post by idbirch »

I've just received my UE55H7000, it has firmware version 1012 on it which I believe means it's rootable. I understand I need to donate in order to access root methods and have no issue doing so but I just want to understand exactly what this set is capable of in respect to PVR decryption before I take the plunge. I already have a rooted 46D7000 so am familiar with the process on that model, I use Destroi to decrypt with that one. Can someone help with these few questions:

1) Once rooted, can I record to USB without enabling NoDRM and then decrypt the recordings later using something like Destroi?
2) If so, what software/tool is used for this?
3) Looking at the current version of firmware on Samsung's site, this version seems very old, maybe even original, are there really no improvements whatsoever is any of the more recent firmwares? I find it difficult to believe that so many revisions only included anti-root measures.

Thanks.
idbirch
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: 55H7000 root/PVR decrypting

Post by idbirch »

I never got a response here but just in case anyone else is in the same position I was, I'll provide an update. As you can tell by my purpleness, I donated and got access to the root information. Rooting was successful but to begin with, the only way I could find to decrypt was to use NoDRM which is a SamyGO-loaded module.

But then zoelechat pointed me to PVRDecode: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=6511 which from some very small tests, seems to work just fine. Thank you SamyGo dev team!
Last edited by idbirch on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

idbirch wrote:the only way to decrypt is to use NoDRM which is a SamyGO-loaded module. This means anything recorded while not rooted can't be decrypted. I've made lots of recordings using NoDRM though and all have worked so far.
Really? And what about PVRdecoder ? :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

idbirch wrote:I never got a response here but just in case anyone else is in the same position I was, I'll provide an update. As you can tell by my purpleness, I donated and got access to the root information. Rooting was successful but I've found on my model, the only way to decrypt is to use NoDRM which is a SamyGO-loaded module. This means anything recorded while not rooted can't be decrypted. I've made lots of recordings using NoDRM though and all have worked so far.
You can decrypt recording made while WAS NOT ROOTED using samyGOPVRDecoder and libUnDRM :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
idbirch
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by idbirch »

omg I love you guys :) I'd read the "[App] H offline decrypting of recordings" thread in the H-series section and assumed that was the only offline decryption option for H, otherwise it would be kind of pointless but thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'll edit my second post to reflect this.

Return to “[H] General”