Are there any working software to control UE H6400?

General Forum talking area for H series TVs.

mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Are there any working software to control UE H6400?

Post by mad_ady »

Hmm, something's off. I tried the windows app (in windows 7 instead of 8 - maybe that's the issue), and it doesn't work with my H6400 TV (sees the TV but can't connect to it). I did a packet capture to see what's going on, and the discovery goes well (over upnp), but the app tries to connect to port 55000, which for my TV is closed:

Code: Select all

adrianp@stingray:~$ telnet 192.168.1.60 55000
Trying 192.168.1.60...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
The thing is, based on the upnp messages sent, the TV doesn't advertise port 55000, but instead port 8001 with a url base of /ms/1.0/:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<root xmlns='urn:schemas-upnp-org:device-1-0' xmlns:sec='http://www.sec.co.kr/dlna' xmlns:dlna='urn:schemas-dlna-org:device-1-0'>
 <specVersion>
  <major>1</major>
  <minor>0</minor>
 </specVersion>
 <device>
  <deviceType>urn:samsung.com:device:RemoteControlReceiver:1</deviceType>
  <friendlyName>[TV]Samsung LED40</friendlyName>
  <manufacturer>Samsung Electronics</manufacturer>
  <manufacturerURL>http://www.samsung.com/sec</manufacturerURL>
  <modelDescription>Samsung TV RCR</modelDescription>
  <modelName>UE40H6400</modelName>
  <modelNumber>1.0</modelNumber>
  <modelURL>http://www.samsung.com/sec</modelURL>
  <serialNumber>20090804RCR</serialNumber>
  <UDN>uuid:068e7780-006e-1000-bc6f-244b03a9cd7b</UDN>
  <sec:deviceID>CPCD2CDF62BRK</sec:deviceID>
  <sec:ProductCap>Resolution:1920X1080,ImageZoom,ImageRotate,Y2014,ENC</sec:ProductCap>
  <serviceList>
   <service>
    <serviceType>urn:samsung.com:service:MultiScreenService:1</serviceType>
    <serviceId>urn:samsung.com:serviceId:MultiScreenService</serviceId>
    <controlURL>/smp_9_</controlURL>
    <eventSubURL>/smp_10_</eventSubURL>
    <SCPDURL>/smp_8_</SCPDURL>
   </service>
  </serviceList>
  <sec:Capabilities>
   <sec:Capability name='samsung:multiscreen:1' port='8001' location='/ms/1.0/'></sec:Capability>
  </sec:Capabilities>
 </device>
</root>
But when I try to do a GET on that port/url, I manage to crash the HTTPD server/process:

adrianp@stingray:~$ telnet 192.168.1.60 8001
Trying 192.168.1.60...
Connected to 192.168.1.60.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /ms/1.0/

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
X-Powered-By: Express
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
Access-Control-Allow-Credentials: true
Access-Control-Allow-Methods: GET,PUT,POST,DELETE
Access-Control-Allow-Headers: Access-Control-Allow-Headers", "Origin, X-Requested-With, Content-Type, Accept, SilentLaunch
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Length: 1416
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:26:53 GMT
Connection: close

TypeError: Cannot call method 'split' of undefined
    at IncomingMessage.req.__defineGetter__.method [as host] (/mtd_unirw/rwcommon/nodejs/wasp-framework/routes/com.samsung.mit/server/node_modules/express/lib/request.js:476:15)
    at info (/mtd_unirw/rwcommon/nodejs/wasp-framework/routes/com.samsung.mit/server/lib/routes/device.js:10:28)
    at callbacks (/mtd_unirw/rwcommon/nodejs/wasp-framework/routes/com.samsung.mit/server/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:161:37)
    at param (/mtd_unirw/rwcommon/nodejs/wasp-framework/routes/com.samsung.mit/server/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:135:11)
    at pass (/mtd_unirw/rwcommon/nodejs/wasp-framework/routes/com.samsung.mit/server/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:142:5)
    at nextRoute (/mtd_unirw/rwcommon/nodejs/wasp-framework/routes/com.samsung.mit/server/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:100:7)
    at callbacks (/mtd_unirw/rwcommon/nodejs/wasp-framework/routes/com.samsung.mit/server/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:164:11)
    at /mtd_unirw/rwcommon/nodejs/wasp-framework/routes/com.samsung.mit/server/lib/services/http/HTTPService.js:56:9
    at callbacks (/mtd_unirw/rwcommon/nodejs/wasp-framework/routes/com.samsung.mit/server/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:161:37)
    at param (/mtd_unirw/rwcommon/nodejs/wasp-framework/routes/com.samsung.mit/server/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:135:11)Connection closed by foreign host.
@Wolfgan: Can you tell me if you ran the app from windows 8, or from windows 7 (maybe it makes a difference)? Also, you mentioned a third-party android app capable of controlling H series - can you share the name/a link? Also, what software version is your TV? Mine is 2602.2

I too would like to get some basic control over the TV (ideally from a linux command line so I can script commands in).
H6400, firmware 2602.2 downgraded to 2130
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Did you try samyGOrc and/or libSchedulePVR? There you have schedulepvr.sh which allows for a loooot of control over TV :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

@sectroyer - it's not rooted yet - I'm (patiently) waiting for you to release the newer root method for it :)

In the mean time I'm poking it with sticks to see what happens :)

Also - update: I installed windows 8 in a VM (bridged) and it behaves in the same way: TV is detected but the app says "Network connection failed" when trying to connect.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

OTN Support blocked?
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

Both in extended service menu and in router. So far it hasn't updated to a newer firmware than 2602.2 (at least 27xx exists for my model).
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

did you check the link I posted to see if route blocking was okay?
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

Do you mean this?

adrianp@stingray:~$ dig msecnd.net | egrep "IN\s+A\s+"
msecnd.net.		0	IN	A	127.0.0.1
adrianp@stingray:~$ dig samsungotn.net | egrep "IN\s+A\s+"
samsungotn.net.		0	IN	A	127.0.0.1
adrianp@stingray:~$ dig www.samsungotn.net | egrep "IN\s+A\s+"
www.samsungotn.net.	0	IN	A	127.0.0.1
adrianp@stingray:~$ dig test.samsungotn.net | egrep "IN\s+A\s+"
test.samsungotn.net.	0	IN	A	127.0.0.1
Haven't tried to do a firmware update from the menu yet. I don't know if it will ask for confirmation (in case it manages to find a newer firmware), but I can give it a shot.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Wolfgan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Wolfgan »

@mad_ady I run the Smart View 2.0 app on win7 ( http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/smartview2/) for the quick test. Not super stable, but it worked (at least the remote and play to features, not so the TV 2nd screen functionality)

This is the android app I was commenting on: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ma.tremote
It recently added a couple of additional commands for the H series, so I assume the author is reverse eng the protocol.

I hope it helps, Wolf
Tinkerer & owner of a UN48H6400
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

Thank you both for your replies.
@sectroyer: your test fails for me. I need to learn how to block a whole domain instead of a single name (on openwrt). I will follow up this discussion in the other thread.

@Wolfgan: it looks like the windows app i was using is the 1.0 version which doesn't support h series.

Regarding the android app - could you also share the apk please? The app is not available in my country (Romania). I will also contact the app developer.

Thanks again

Return to “[H] General”