[ROOT] "Skype replacement" root H

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] "Skype replacement" root H

Post by mihd »

atilla wrote:now i have only STEP 1-2 OK the other is NO ... what can i do 2130 MST ??
Menu->System->General->Quickly Power OFF Samsung - this option must be OFF
Menu->System->General->Samsung Instant ON - this option must be OFF
TV: Samsung UE40F6330AK (FW: T-MST12DEUC-1119.0 2014-02-22 / SamyGO) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1);
TV: Philips 26PF4311 + Cable TV Receiver LATEL LC-808HD (with NFS client, DLNA - n/a, Samba - n/a);
Router: Netgear WNDR3800 (FW: OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-beta2) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (SEAGATE Expansion STBX1000201) (with NFS,DLNA and Samba servers).
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

mihd wrote:I understand you.
But it is much more convenient to do it with a computer, and not to go with the stick from the TV to the PC and vice versa.
Was just my 2 cents, told you it's up to you. :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mihd »

zoelechat wrote:.
Before I lay out an updated version, I wanted to ask a few questions.
Many things are taken from the Sectroyer's version. But I would like to change something.
1. Why busybox installed 2 times? Once in the folder /dtv/bin, at other times in the folder /tmp/bin. Why I can not to use /dtv/bin/busybox for mounting of samyext4.img ?
2. telnet on port 33. Is it necessary?
mihd wrote: For NON-MST do this:
Should work for T-GFS and some old T-GFP firmwares.
  1. Install SamyGO widget as described in MST section (steps 1-4)
  2. Do not power off TV. Set scheduled power on (use most close schedule as possible)
  3. Power off TV and wait for TV power on
Why not simply rebooting a TV?
TV: Samsung UE40F6330AK (FW: T-MST12DEUC-1119.0 2014-02-22 / SamyGO) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1);
TV: Philips 26PF4311 + Cable TV Receiver LATEL LC-808HD (with NFS client, DLNA - n/a, Samba - n/a);
Router: Netgear WNDR3800 (FW: OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-beta2) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (SEAGATE Expansion STBX1000201) (with NFS,DLNA and Samba servers).
atilla
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by atilla »

mihd wrote:
atilla wrote:now i have only STEP 1-2 OK the other is NO ... what can i do 2130 MST ??
Menu->System->General->Quickly Power OFF Samsung - this option must be OFF
Menu->System->General->Samsung Instant ON - this option must be OFF
I have no this men?... H6470 fw 2130 mst

You mean
Next - press "power" button on the remote until the light goes out at the front of the TV.
Insert the plug into the socket, power on the TV
When i plug the cable from socket the light goes off ;) muss i push power twice?? And when i plug the cable tv start immediality
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

mihd wrote:
mihd wrote: For NON-MST do this:
Should work for T-GFS and some old T-GFP firmwares.
  1. Install SamyGO widget as described in MST section (steps 1-4)
  2. Do not power off TV. Set scheduled power on (use most close schedule as possible)
  3. Power off TV and wait for TV power on
Why not simply rebooting a TV?
Ask Samsung T-GFS users reported NO ROOT till one tried "scheduled power on" :) After that all have root :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
FilipeAmadeuO
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by FilipeAmadeuO »

Feedback on H6200/H6400 with firmware 2130 (2 tvs tested and same behaviour):
Removed network root and installed "Skype replacement" root H".
On the first try the tv freezed (it won't respond to remote control). So i used the STOP_SAMYGO "feature" to stop the rooting process and i did the RestoreSmG and now everything perfect.
Oscam takes 20 seconds to boot (versus 16 seconds on the network root).

Important points:
- STOP_SAMYGO Works ok (but not in all usb ports. Only worked properly on the USB HDD port. Probably there is a order in which the TV checks the usb ports and maybe 1 seconds is not enough to check all ports)
- Root Works ok and without usb pen (YEAHH)

Any ideas on improvements ?
mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mihd »

FilipeAmadeuO wrote: On the first try the tv freezed (it won't respond to remote control).
8. If your TV reboots do nothing but if it crashes unplug the power cable (from instruction).
This is a normal situation. It occurs on all versions of SamyGO for H.
FilipeAmadeuO wrote: - STOP_SAMYGO Works ok (but not in all usb ports. Only worked properly on the USB HDD port. Probably there is a order in which the TV checks the usb ports and maybe 1 seconds is not enough to check all ports)
I will set 3 seconds in the updated version.
FilipeAmadeuO
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by FilipeAmadeuO »

mihd wrote:
FilipeAmadeuO wrote: - STOP_SAMYGO Works ok (but not in all usb ports. Only worked properly on the USB HDD port. Probably there is a order in which the TV checks the usb ports and maybe 1 seconds is not enough to check all ports)
I will set 3 seconds in the updated version.
OK. Maybe add to the instruction a sugestion to use the HDD USB Port on STOP_SAMYGO.
Adding 2 more seconds will also make the boot slower, but further testing is necessary.
Any more improvements planned ? Any idea to make the root faster ?
mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mihd »

FilipeAmadeuO wrote: OK. Maybe add to the instruction a sugestion to use the HDD USB Port on STOP_SAMYGO.
Adding 2 more seconds will also make the boot slower, but further testing is necessary.
"sleep" must be set before the cycle. Because STOP_SAMYGO search begins before the USB definition by TV.
Insert "sleep 2" in /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/data/run.sh before "# emergency skript exit to prevent boot loop". And then restart TV with STOP_SAMYGO. Experiment with "sleep" ("sleep 2", "sleep 3" etc). Give me the correct number. I can not experiment because I have not TV H series.
"..to use the HDD USB Port on STOP_SAMYGO." . Is it necessary ? Maybe if adjusted "sleep", then everything will be fine?
FilipeAmadeuO wrote: Any more improvements planned ? Any idea to make the root faster ?
I will remove repeated installation of busybox, telnet on port 33.
Faster no longer do.
16 sec and 20 sec . It's a small difference.
mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mihd »

atilla wrote: I have no this men?... H6470 fw 2130 mst
Try this version. It is not work. It is for test!!!
Do everything according to the instructions (it is updated in the 1st post). Do not forget about samyext4.img (download it and put to folder InstallSamygo\data).
After installation in command line of Windows -
telnet IPaddressOfTV 3123
then -

Code: Select all

ls /dtv
ls /tmp
ls /tmp/bin
ls /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/data
Copy for me the results.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mihd on Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “[H] Software”