[ROOT] "Skype replacement" root H

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

FilipeAmadeuO
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] "Skype replacement" root H

Post by FilipeAmadeuO »

mihd wrote:It remains to deal with TVs that do not have a menu item Menu->System->General->Samsung Instant ON .
Unfortunately, attila and fraglord go to the forum is very rare.
Do not have the menu ?
My H6200 and H6400 does not have those menu. Need any help ?
mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mihd »

FilipeAmadeuO wrote: Do not have the menu ?
Do this: viewtopic.php?p=93460#p93460
Most likely, SamyGO will not be work. But, at this stage for me it is important to find out which folders are available.

Look at the service menu. Is there the option "Instant On" ?
TV: Samsung UE40F6330AK (FW: T-MST12DEUC-1119.0 2014-02-22 / SamyGO) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1);
TV: Philips 26PF4311 + Cable TV Receiver LATEL LC-808HD (with NFS client, DLNA - n/a, Samba - n/a);
Router: Netgear WNDR3800 (FW: OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-beta2) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (SEAGATE Expansion STBX1000201) (with NFS,DLNA and Samba servers).
FilipeAmadeuO
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by FilipeAmadeuO »

mihd wrote:
FilipeAmadeuO wrote: Do not have the menu ?
Do this: viewtopic.php?p=93460#p93460
Most likely, SamyGO will not be work. But, at this stage for me it is important to find out which folders are available.

Look at the service menu. Is there the option "Instant On" ?
On service menu there is no "Instant On" option. At least I have not found it.
Do I need to uninstall Samygo root before trying the testing version ? Because it is working properly at the moment
mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mihd »

FilipeAmadeuO wrote:
Do I need to uninstall Samygo root before trying the testing version ? Because it is working properly at the moment
Which version of SamyGO you have installed? "Network", "Skype", "Skype refueled" or my "Skype replacement" root ?
If you already have SamyGO then try to put the "normal" version from the first post.
"Instant on", most likely, on your TV does not exist (as on the E and F-series). Therefore, the test is meaningless.
I am interested in the case when "Instant on" exists, but not in the TV menu. And "ON" by default. (H6470 - such case.)
TV: Samsung UE40F6330AK (FW: T-MST12DEUC-1119.0 2014-02-22 / SamyGO) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1);
TV: Philips 26PF4311 + Cable TV Receiver LATEL LC-808HD (with NFS client, DLNA - n/a, Samba - n/a);
Router: Netgear WNDR3800 (FW: OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-beta2) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (SEAGATE Expansion STBX1000201) (with NFS,DLNA and Samba servers).
FilipeAmadeuO
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by FilipeAmadeuO »

mihd wrote:
FilipeAmadeuO wrote:
Which version of SamyGO you have installed? "Network", "Skype", "Skype refueled" or my "Skype replacement" root ?
If you already have SamyGO then try to put the "normal" version from the first post.
"Instant on", most likely, on your TV does not exist (as on the E and F-series). Therefore, the test is meaningless.
I am interested in the case when "Instant on" exists, but not in the TV menu. And "ON" by default. (H6470 - such case.)
Ok. I am using the "Skype replacement" root. If you need more testing please advise.
mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mihd »

FilipeAmadeuO wrote:I am using the "Skype replacement" root.
So you everything is fine. :) Unfortunately, you will not solve the problem with the "instant on" :)
H6470 owners are needed.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

mihd wrote:
FilipeAmadeuO wrote:I am using the "Skype replacement" root.
So you everything is fine. :) Unfortunately, you will not solve the problem with the "instant on" :)
H6470 owners are needed.
Instant ON should be disabled ASAP!!!
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
setti
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by setti »

Hi mihd, H6470 owner here. No instant on in menu. Could you briefly tell me how to turn it off? Whats the actual state of your rooting method on H6470?
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

setti wrote:Hi mihd, H6470 owner here. No instant on in menu. Could you briefly tell me how to turn it off? Whats the actual state of your rooting method on H6470?
Of course all described in H rooting thread. Also is it NON smart hub tv ?
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
setti
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by setti »

it has smarthub and is actually rooted via old skype method. my question was primarily adressed on mihd non-usb rooting method.

Return to “[H] Software”