[App] libAmbiLight E/F/H (MST-only)

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

aimaim
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] libAmbiLight E/F/H (MST-only)

Post by aimaim »

I noticed that the ESP8266 opened up an unprotected accesspoint. Turns out its standard behavior is to function both as a client and an access point simultaneously. In order to avoid this behavior I had to add "WiFi.mode(WIFI_STA);" in the setup part of the sketch.
Allodo

Post by Allodo »

Nothing happens anymore on this project?
My TV's: UE50H6470 and UE75H6470
aimaim
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by aimaim »

Unfortunately not. I finished my ambilight cutting some corners due to problems with arbitrary number-of-led-combinations. I modified the sketch a little bit aswell and documented my changes here.
However I don't have the skills to modify adonis' lib. Over all I'm extremely happy with the result and very thankful towards adonis for sharing his work.

I thought about the possibility to integrate the diy ambilight with my hue lighting system. (Apperently there are libraries for arduino, which simulate a hue bridge, which then can be controlled by another (real) hue bridge. That way one could set the leds' color from the hue app, when the tv is off. I haven't had the time to dig deeper into this. Also I'm not really confident I'd be able to implement something like this.

Another interesting thought concerning hue integration would be using the hue api to control hue bulbs from the arduino, in order to extend the ambilight effect to nearby lamps.
aimaim
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by aimaim »

I just googled if there were any new diy ambilight solutions for hacked samsung tvs and found this blog post https://medium.com/@adis.durakovic/how- ... 7d009b61ee by adonis (op). There's nothing new in there for people, who read this thread. I just thought I'd leave this here for completeness' sake.
itajackass

Post by itajackass »

Does it work in a Samsung UE48H8000? (i'm not rooted it yet and i don't know if it possible)
Anyone can post some video or images about configuration?

EDIT: i see my firmware is not a MST version... So.... No chance?
itajackass

Post by itajackass »

No way for GFP version? :(
greginho
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greginho »

Hello to all... not possible stop libAmbiLight with remote control or other function?

Always on ambilight??

Regards,, Greginho
aimaim
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by aimaim »

greginho wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:27 pm Hello to all... not possible stop libAmbiLight with remote control or other function?

Always on ambilight??

Regards,, Greginho
I just plugged the led strip's (and arduino's) psu in an osram smart+ plug, which I can switch on and off from the philips hue app. But there is bound to be a way to control it from the tv.
adonis
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by adonis »

aimaim wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:14 pm Anyhow, it's strange, that H_LEDS:36 V_LEDS:20 crashes the tv and H_LEDS:36 V_LEDS:18 doesn't. Might it have to be a 2:1 ratio?
I had a bug in my code which is now fixed and should work with H_LEDS:36 V_LEDS:20
aimaim
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by aimaim »

adonis wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:15 am
aimaim wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:14 pm Anyhow, it's strange, that H_LEDS:36 V_LEDS:20 crashes the tv and H_LEDS:36 V_LEDS:18 doesn't. Might it have to be a 2:1 ratio?
I had a bug in my code which is now fixed and should work with H_LEDS:36 V_LEDS:20
My physical Setup is 70 horizontal LEDs and 38 vertical ones (on each side). I used to use
H_LEDS=36;
V_LEDS=18;
(half number and one off) and then double the leds in the app.ino because this worked without crashing. With your new version
H_LEDS=35;
V_LEDS=19;
does not crash anymore, yet it does not properly work either. It results in 4 (due to doubling, usually 2) LEDs being just white.

Using the actual number of LEDs
H_LEDS=70;
V_LEDS=38;
still crashes. That might be solved by increasing the "SLEEP" value. I have not tried that, since I prefer the lower "resolution" over slower performance.

Return to “[H] Software”