[App] libAmbiLight E/F/H (MST-only)

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

aimaim
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] libAmbiLight E/F/H (MST-only)

Post by aimaim »

Apart from the crashing problem when using different led numbers, I have a blinking problem. In this example I'm using:

Code: Select all

samyGOso -d -T -B -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libAmbiLight.so H_LEDS:36 V_LEDS:18 SERVER_IP:192.168.1.131 SERVER_PORT:5050 OFFSET:17 REVERSE COLOR
This can be seen best when I use static pictures on the tv like in this video. I'm only using about half the strip, which is why the end is constantly warm-whitish.
E.g. leds that are supposed to be blue alternate between blue and green.

blue --> blue/green
yellow --> yellow/purple
green --> green/blue
red --> red

I used APA102 leds. I tried them with a simple modification of the blink.ino. They work properly. I just need to set "#define COLOR_ORDER BGR". That made me suspect, that the COLOR_ORDER might not "work" in all parts of the script somehow. But when I use the standard "#define COLOR_ORDER RGB" it still blinks (of course with red and blue swapped).

When I use the TEST parameter it does not blink, but that might just be due to the short period it runs. I wanted to see if the blinking colors are in the log as well, but when not using the TEST parameter the log does not contain the color codes.
adonis
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by adonis »

Since the log-outputs do writing-operations to the TV, which cause a huge load to the system, I disabled them by default. They're only visible when using TEST parameter.

The flashing between two colors is strange.
Can you test with different color-orders, like GBR, GRB... etc... and see what happens?
aimaim
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by aimaim »

adonis wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:09 am Since the log-outputs do writing-operations to the TV, which cause a huge load to the system, I disabled them by default. They're only visible when using TEST parameter.

The flashing between two colors is strange.
Can you test with different color-orders, like GBR, GRB... etc... and see what happens?
Yes of course. Do you want me write down the occuring colors for each color order, or do you just want to see if there is a color order, that does not have this problem?

I'll get to it tonight or tomorrow night.
adonis
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by adonis »

Hmmm...
I will have a look, what happens if I use 36/20, or 53/29.
aimaim
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by aimaim »

adonis wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:09 am The flashing between two colors is strange.
I tested all six possible color orders and wrote them down using the following scheme:

<color order>
<test color red on tv> --> <color(s) on led-strip>
<test color green on tv> --> <color(s) on led-strip>
<test color blue on tv> --> <color(s) on led-strip>

rgb
red   --> green/red
green --> blue
blue  --> green/red

rbg
red   --> green/red
green --> blue
blue  --> green/red

brg
red   --> red/blue
green --> green
blue  --> red/blue

grb
red   --> red/blue
green --> green
blue  --> red/blue

gbr
red   --> green/blue
green --> red/red DIFFERENT SHADES
blue  --> green/blue

bgr
red   --> green/blue
green --> red/red DIFFERENT SHADES
blue  --> green/blue
All of them result in some kind of flashing. The first four combinations always have one steady color. The last two have an alternation between two different tones of red, which suggests, that the steady color in the first four combination is affected aswell. The colors it alternates between are just the same or very similar (is my suspicion).

Also I'm not sure why my results for bgr vary from yesterday's. This time I used one-colored test-images. Maybe I just got confused yesterday. But bgr is also the combination,with which my example-sketch displays the right colors (just checked again).
aimaim
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by aimaim »

I think I got it sorted out. The COLOR option seems to have caused the flashing (dunno why). When I turned it off the colors were mixed up, but not flashing any more.
Then I just had to find the right color order for the sketch, that fixes the color-mix-up from libScreenshot aswell as the one from the led strip (GRB).

If it's a general problem with the COLOR option you might as well take it out again, as the sketch does provide the possibility to correct color mix-ups.

That would just leave the problem with crashes due to different led numbers.
WarLLe
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by WarLLe »

aimaim wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:02 pm I think I got it sorted out. The COLOR option seems to have caused the flashing (dunno why). When I turned it off the colors were mixed up, but not flashing any more.
Then I just had to find the right color order for the sketch, that fixes the color-mix-up from libScreenshot aswell as the one from the led strip (GRB).

If it's a general problem with the COLOR option you might as well take it out again, as the sketch does provide the possibility to correct color mix-ups.

That would just leave the problem with crashes due to different led numbers.
The first posted Testlib by adonis for non-MST results in the same strange flashing for me. The ESP just start flashing but got data from my non-MST TV. All other libs after that didnt send data.
aimaim
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by aimaim »

I noticed that I need different color orders when using the REVERSE parameter vs not using it.
Without REVERSE I need GBR
With REVERSE GRB results in the right colors.

But I discovered another issue:

samyGOso -d -T -B -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libAmbiLight.so H_LEDS:35 V_LEDS:19 SERVER_IP:192.168.1.131 SERVER_PORT:5050 OFFSET:17
Two leds (#19 and #73 when counting from 1) behave strangely. They don't seem to display what's on the tv but alternate between two colors (not always the same). Here is a video showing this behavior for a black screen (meaning the other leds are off).
The "problem leds" are the last led in each of the two vertical sections.

When using exactly your (adonis') H_LEDS and V_LEDS values this problem does not occur:

samyGOso -d -T -B -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libAmbiLight.so H_LEDS:36 V_LEDS:18 SERVER_IP:192.168.1.131 SERVER_PORT:5050 OFFSET:17
When I use V_LEDS:20 the tv crashes. So my guess is, that the occurrence of these two "problem leds" might have the same origin as the crashes with other V_LEDS and H_LEDS values.
aimaim
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by aimaim »

Since there are problems with many V_LEDS and H_LEDS value combinations I decided on using exactly adonis' values in my 99_100_AmbiLight.init (H_LEDS=36 V_LEDS=18). I have a 55" tv and a 60 led/m strip. That's why I tweaked the sketch to use each color value it receives for two leds. Since the ratio 2:1 does not fit the tvs ratio I actually have 70 leds horizontally and 38 vertically, but this slight inaccuracy does not show while watching tv.

I've attached the modified sketch, for anyone who wants to double their leds aswell.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
meatlumps

Post by meatlumps »

@adonis I don't have a samsung TV, but an X3-55 LeEco TV with an custom recovery and rom. Would this be possible on my TV and do you have any suggestions as to where I should start looking?

TIA

Return to “[H] Software”