[Ended][ROOT] H "Skype" root (FW<=Dec.2014, all T-GFS)

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

Bardioc
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [!!!] Rooting H series

Post by Bardioc »

sectroyer wrote:
Bardioc wrote: Oops, sorry I just saw I made a mistake. I do have firmware GFP9DEUC-1190.3, the same as you do!

Hope that this version still has a chance to get rooted :-)
You should try unplugging power cable it helped few users :)
Hello,

I've tried that. I'm not quite sure when I shall unplug the cable. The installation of SamyGO works, it tells me I shall press exit and reboot. I do so, when being outside of the app I simply removed the power cable, waited 5 mins and put it back in. I even have a second USB device for recording present, but no reboots occur. When I try to start Skype, it does not work though.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Bardioc wrote: When I try to start Skype, it does not work though.
OTN & OTA Support disabled?
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Bardioc
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Bardioc »

Yes, both have been disabled. I'm stuck at firmware T-GFP9DEUC-1190.3 ... Samsung already has a 1200.x out.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Bardioc wrote:Yes, both have been disabled. I'm stuck at firmware T-GFP9DEUC-1190.3 ... Samsung already has a 1200.x out.
Well now simply wait :) MST root is more stable... Sooner or later there will be root for your device :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
Bardioc
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Bardioc »

sectroyer wrote:
Bardioc wrote:Yes, both have been disabled. I'm stuck at firmware T-GFP9DEUC-1190.3 ... Samsung already has a 1200.x out.
Well now simply wait :) MST root is more stable... Sooner or later there will be root for your device :)
Thanks :-) I will patiently wait! I'll monitor the progress here in the forum.

Regards,

Heiko
Vanav
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Vanav »

Good table with TV models and firmwares for H-series: http://www.samsung-blog-news.de/2014/09 ... ebersicht/
Below is my research on firmwares, partially based on this thread.

Firmwares of H-series:
  • T-GFP9DEUC, T-GFP9AKUC
    • platform: Samsung Golf.P / Golf-9 (AP/MP(UHD)), assumed Quad-core ARM Cortex A15 1.35GHz, with cooler, supported 4:4:4 60 Hz chroma subsampling
    • rooting: no telnet (no reboot, Skype on "loading..." screen, no log)
  • T-GFP8DEUC, T-GFP8UABC
    • platform: Samsung Golf.P / Golf-8, assumed Quad-core ARM Cortex A15 1.35GHz, with cooler, supported 4:4:4 60 Hz chroma subsampling
  • T-NT14UDEUC, T-NT14UAKUC, T-NT14UUABC
    • platform: NovaTek NT14U, without cooler, not supported 4:4:4 60 Hz chroma subsampling
  • T-GFPDEUC
    • platform: Samsung Golf.P / Golf-P (AP/MP), assumed Quad-core ARM Cortex A15 1.35GHz
  • T-GFSDEUC
    • platform: Samsung Golf.S
    • rooting: working telnet port 3123 and 33, full root, crashes
  • T-MST14DEUC, T-MST14UABC
    • platform: M-Star X14H, assumed MSD6A918
    • rooting: working telnet port 23, full root (success on T-MST14DEUC-2130, no success on T-MST14DEUC-2134.3)
  • T-NT14LDEUC
    • platform: NovaTek NT14L
    • rooting: no information
  • T-NT14MDEUC, T-NT14MAKUC, T-NT14MUABC
    • platform: NovaTek NT14M
    • rooting: no telnet
The same TV model can be shipped with different CPU and firmware series, depends on manufacture date. For example, UE48HU8500 before September 2014 have T-GFP8DEUC (higher end CPU) 4 GB internal flash, after - T-NT14UDEUC (lower end CPU) 1 GB internal flash.
Last edited by Vanav on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:06 pm, edited 15 times in total.
denvar
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by denvar »

ue50hu7000 T-NT14UDEUC-1026.1
no telnet (no reboot, Skype on "loading..." screen), no Sam.log on usb drive
open ports on tv: 8080 7676 8001 4443 15500 52345 8443 8000 6001
Steveb2l8
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Steveb2l8 »

UE22H5610 Successfully rooted !
  • 1 Telnet works on port 23
    2 FTP works fine and i can surf through the folder
    3 Samba seems to be operative
I attach Sam.log and Samygo.log from /mnt folder
sam.log
samygo.log
Additional information for guys who are going to "struggle" with H series root
  • Root didn't worked before enabling PVR - TV rebooted, as expected 3/4 times, but after that no telnet no ftp and sam.log reported I/O error
    As suggested to activate PVR is not enough changing from OFF to ON in service men?, but need to change TV model with other already supporting PVR!
    Is not enough activate PVR, you need to attach a Disk and prepare it for recording!
    The INFO-MENU-MUTE-PWR sequence DON'T give access to ALL the service hidden menu
    To access to all (also Model changing) menu use INFO+FACTORY from TV switched ON

To send IR code i used wav files with IPAD+IR Blaster (the one coming with my TV, thanks Samsung :lol: )
    Don't forget to check if OTN is still off any time you change something into the service menu !
Thanks to all of you for your post that helped me to correct my mistake and teached me something.
Now it's time to understand what can i do with my rooted TV :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Model : UE22H5610AYXZT
Firmware : T-MST14DEUC-2130.0 / T-MST14DEUS-1008
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Steveb2l8 wrote: To access to all (also Model changing) menu use INFO+FACTORY from TV switched ON[/color]
To send IR code i used wav files with IPAD+IR Blaster (the one coming with my TV, thanks Samsung :lol: )
Funny thing is that using ir blaster never worked for me :D I was afraid it's blocked on H :)
puetz42
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by puetz42 »

Hello,
as already reported by other users, root is working on UE40H6470, T-MST14DEUC-2130.

1. I get lots of entries like this one in dmesg and /proc/dtvlogd:
#########################################
[ERROR][CAP:NoSKIP][CAP(6)][TH(rm:2138)PTH(sh)][U(1010)G(1010)]
###########################################
2. Each time I start Smarthub in fullscreen mode, the TV reboots after a few seconds.

Can you please help me with these issues?

Thank you,
Michael
dtvlogd.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[H] Software”