[ROOT] H "Network" root (FW<=Oct.2015, no T-GFS)

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [!!!] Rooting H on latest firmwares

Post by zoelechat »

No idea, I just explained what sectroyer meant to fix :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
dusf
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by dusf »

Okay, thanks zoelechat.

Sectroyer, is there anything I could try to stop Samba crashing the TV? It still happens, even when I do not use virtual USB.
UE32H5500 - firmware: 2130
UE32J
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

dusf wrote:Okay, thanks zoelechat.

Sectroyer, is there anything I could try to stop Samba crashing the TV? It still happens, even when I do not use virtual USB.
It does? What is your firmware version ? and did you set up correct security settings tv NEEDS write access :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
dusf
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by dusf »

sectroyer wrote: It does? What is your firmware version ?
The service menu shows:

T-MST14DEUC-2130.0
T-MST14DEUS-1009
sectroyer wrote:and did you set up correct security settings tv NEEDS write access :)
Well I checked DD-WRT on my router and read & write access was already configured for all who use Samba. Is there anything else that needs to be set up?

Like I said from the beginning, all of this was working fine, with the same samba server running on DD-WRT, and then a few weeks ago the TV started crashing when I try playing video - I had thought it might be something to do with Skype expiring :?:
UE32J
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

By any chance - did newer systems appear in your network in between? I've seen samba problems when a new system appears on the network (even if it doesn't offer samba shares). Maybe you can try to isolate the network and have only TV and router to isolate the problem. Also - are you trying with only one video file? Have you checked that the file/drive is not corrupt and that you can play it on some other device or directly connected to the TV?
H6400, firmware 2602.2 downgraded to 2130
dusf
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by dusf »

mad_ady wrote:By any chance - did newer systems appear in your network in between? I've seen samba problems when a new system appears on the network (even if it doesn't offer samba shares). Maybe you can try to isolate the network and have only TV and router to isolate the problem. Also - are you trying with only one video file? Have you checked that the file/drive is not corrupt and that you can play it on some other device or directly connected to the TV?
Hi mad_ady, thanks for the input.

I did install an Nvidia Shield Android TV in another room around the time this started happening, but from what I remember both Nvidia Shield and the Samsung TV were able to play videos from the samba server at the same time - at least they were.

The only devices I have configured to use the Samba are my desktop, tablet, laptop, Nvidia Shield, and the Samsung TV, so as a precaution I powered all of them, then rebooted the router and then reconnected the power to the TV and turned it back on. I also tried playing different videos files but the same issue occurs, either the TV crashes and freezes on 'loading...' or black screen.

Regarding the health of the HDD connected to the router for samba, I am able to browse the drive fine if I connect it directly by USB to my PC, and when I connect a USB flash drive key to the router instead, and use that for samba, the TV still crashes when trying to play video.

I am happy to connect the HDD directly to my Samsung TV in case that helps, but I am sure I read on this forum that the 2 currently connected flash drives, one SamyGO, the other used to record something during rooting process - should never be removed from the TV, at least while powered on. Is it safe to remove the flash drive that has the recording on it to test the HDD?
UE32J
tro69
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tro69 »

Have I completed the steps and has the rooting process been successful?
Rooting app log photo:
20160417_140815.jpg
20160417_140926.jpg
Those are the backup files (done at point 13 of tutorial):
insmod_qca.sh :

Code: Select all

echo " insmod_qca.sh begin"
insmod /mtd_cmmlib/WIFI_LIB/QCA/cfg80211.ko
insmod /mtd_cmmlib/WIFI_LIB/QCA/ath6kl_usb.ko ath6kl_p2p=0x19 debug_quirks=0x200 reg_domain=0x37
echo " insmod_qca.sh end"
sam.log :

+ /bin/sleep 30
+ /dtv/bin/ls
+ [ 0 -eq 143 ]
+ echo NOT-SFD
NOT-SFD
+ cp /dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/samyGOso /tmp/
cp: can't stat '/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/samyGOso': No such file or directory
+ cp /dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/libNetSwitch.so /tmp/
cp: can't stat '/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/libNetSwitch.so': No such file or directory
+ chmod +x /tmp/samyGOso
chmod: /tmp/samyGOso: No such file or directory
+ /tmp/samyGOso -d -A -r -l /tmp/libNetSwitch.so WIRED
/dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/lan.sh: line 5: /tmp/samyGOso: not found
+ echo checking /dtv/usb/sda1
checking /dtv/usb/sda1
+ /bin/sleep 1
+ [ -e /dtv/usb/sda1/STOP_SAMYGO ]
+ cd /tmp
+ mkdir /tmp/bin
+ echo OK
+ [ -e /dtv/qcm_samygo ]
+ touch /dtv/qcm_samygo
+ cp /dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/samygo_telnetd /dtv/
+ chmod +x /dtv/samygo_telnetd
+ cp /dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/busybox+  /tmp/bin/
/dtv/samygo_telnetd 33
Starting simple telnet server
Socket created
bind done
Waiting for incoming connections...
+ chmod +x /tmp/bin/busybox
+ /tmp/bin/busybox --install -s /tmp/bin
+ sync
+ export PATH=/tmp/bin:/dtv/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/sbin:/etc/Scripts:/util
+ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/bin:/dtv/bin:/lib
+ sync
+ sync
+ /tmp/bin/busybox tcpsvd -vE 0.0.0.0 21 /tmp/bin/busybox ftpd -w /
tcpsvd: listening on 0.0.0.0:21, starting
+ ln -s /dev/loop3 /tmp/loopnone
+ sync
+ [ -e /dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/newvdfs.img ]
+ /tmp/bin/busybox losetup /tmp/loopnone /dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGO/samyext4.img
+ /tmp/bin/busybox mount -t ext4 -o sync,exec /tmp/loopnone /mnt
+ /tmp/bin/busybox --install -s /mnt/bin
+ sync
+ rm /mnt/sam.log
+ ls -la /mnt/bin /mnt/doc /mnt/etc /mnt/firmware /mnt/lib /mnt/lost+found /mnt/mc /mnt/opt /mnt/rcSGO /mnt/samygo.log /mnt/sbin /mnt/src /mnt/usr /mnt/var
+ echo ===========================
+ echo Starting rcSGO from run1.sh
+ echo ===========================
+ /mnt/bin/busybox2 sh -x /mnt/rcSGO /mnt
network_type_info.txt :

CurrentType=1
wifi_vendor.txt :

patch.bat log photo:
Immagine.png
I can connect to telnet on ports 3123, 23, 22 and 21:

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UE48H6800
T-MST14DEUC_2820.2 --> T-MST14DEUC_0000.0 --> T-MST14DEUC_2130.0 Rooted
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Rooted :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

dusf wrote: I did install an Nvidia Shield Android TV in another room around the time this started happening, but from what I remember both Nvidia Shield and the Samsung TV were able to play videos from the samba server at the same time - at least they were.
Disconnect your "Nvidia Shield Android TV" from power. Also on Samsung TV try copying some files to folder where you have files "that cause a crash" all over samba NOT trough usb :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
dusf
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by dusf »

sectroyer wrote:
dusf wrote: I did install an Nvidia Shield Android TV in another room around the time this started happening, but from what I remember both Nvidia Shield and the Samsung TV were able to play videos from the samba server at the same time - at least they were.
Disconnect your "Nvidia Shield Android TV" from power. Also on Samsung TV try copying some files to folder where you have files "that cause a crash" all over samba NOT trough usb :)
Okay, but to copy files just using the TV, do you mean SSH connect to the TV and use the mv command, or can I really copy somehow just using the TV and remote?
UE32J

Return to “[H] Software”