Using the Smart Remote on other devices (linux/android)

This forum is for information related with H series hardware instead of firmware/software.

mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Using the Smart Remote on other devices (linux/android)

Post by mad_ady »

I wonder if the Smart Remote can be used as a general purpose input on other devices over bluetooth.

The problem is - on other system the remote doesn't always show up as discoverable, and when it does I was unable to pair with it. I was thinking of spoofing my TV (broadcasting the same name from my PC), so that the remote would try to pair...

When the remote is shown it does expose a HID profile (though I was unable to connect to it)...

My goal is to turn it into a mouse - ideally to be used with an android device...

Any ideas of success/failure stories about this?
H6400, firmware 2602.2 downgraded to 2130
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Using the Smart Remote on other devices (linux/android)

Post by sectroyer »

mad_ady wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:26 am My goal is to turn it into a mouse - ideally to be used with an android device...

Any ideas of success/failure stories about this?
Should work. You only would have to reverse and write driver :) Good luck :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Using the Smart Remote on other devices (linux/android)

Post by mad_ady »

I was hoping it would act as a standard HID device/mouse/keyboard combo. Why would Samsung go out of their way and reinvent the wheel? Oh, wait - I forgot we're talking about Samsung... :)
H6400, firmware 2602.2 downgraded to 2130

Return to “[H] Hardware”