sub-micom upgrade by mistake

Here is information about customize your H series firmware.

oztoralia

sub-micom upgrade by mistake

Post by oztoralia »

Hello

I have a samsung UA55H7000 TV, unfortunately last night I entered Submicom upgrade section by mistake and the screen has been stoped working and remote control doesn't work anymore.
I didn't power off the TV yet.

may I ask you send me submicom bin file for attach it to the TV? or guide me about this problem?
by the way before I enabled the submicom upgrade I had attached USB flash with latest firmware to TV. can this help?

my TV info before submicom upgrade is attached
Samsung Info2.jpg
any suggestion or help is much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: sub-micom upgrade by mistake

Post by notengo13 »

i have a submicom files from ue48h6640 if you want a give a try I will let it here.
telka.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error
oztoralia

Post by oztoralia »

Dear notengo13

Thank you very much for your reply and uploaded file, My problem has been solved, let me explain what I've done to solve this issue:

First of all, I seriously recommend DO NOT ENTER to service mode if you do not know what are you doing! it is very sensitive area and could make your TV useless for ever!!!

Anyway in case of mistaken sub-micom upgrade first try to call Samsung support center and receive advice from technicians, if you don't have access, maybe the following instruction can be helpful.

1-Never turn TV off immediately.
2-Prepare a FAT 32 formatted flash USB drive
3-Download latest firmware from support section in Samsung website. firmware should be compatible with your area or your country.
4-Extract files from downloaded zip file to USB Flash drive, and remove USB from your computer safely.
5-Attach USB flash to the first USB port of the TV and wait at-least 1 hour
6-Remove USB flash drive and repeat the step 5 for other USB ports.
7-don't remove USB flash from last USB port and let the TV be on for 12 hours!
8-Turn TV off by detaching power cord and reattach it after 5 minutes.
9-I hope everything goes well.

I DO NOT GUARANTEE THIS METHOD WORKS FOR OTHER TVS, BUT IT SAVED ME HUNDRED DOLLARS.

Good luck
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by notengo13 »

oztoralia wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:27 pm Dear notengo13

Thank you very much for your reply and uploaded file, My problem has been solved, let me explain what I've done to solve this issue:

First of all, I seriously recommend DO NOT ENTER to service mode if you do not know what are you doing! it is very sensitive area and could make your TV useless for ever!!!

Anyway in case of mistaken sub-micom upgrade first try to call Samsung support center and receive advice from technicians, if you don't have access, maybe the following instruction can be helpful.

3-Download latest firmware from support section in Samsung website. firmware should be compatible with your area or your country.
4-Extract files from downloaded zip file to USB Flash drive, and remove USB from your computer safely.

I DO NOT GUARANTEE THIS METHOD WORKS FOR OTHER TVS, BUT IT SAVED ME HUNDRED DOLLARS.

Good luck
good to know that you succeed. There are many people which hit submicom upgrade. In service manual there is described how to upgrade Sub software.

I think there has to be manear to revive the TV after you hit that submnicom upgrade and turn off tv. Turning on and pluging correct usb with firmware to tv and let it try maybe will work because some people described that usb drive was flashing and if TV didn't find the files cant upgrade the submincom.

I replied time ago about this on some thread but get no response. so dont know if works or not. I Don't have TV with submicom ugrade failed to try it.

samsung+ue48h6200+chassis+u8dc.pdf
Screenshot_20200418_154612.jpeg
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error
Staniks88

Post by Staniks88 »

Good luck
Hi! Thanks for your instruction!! Confirmed, it's working!
The tv samsung ue48h6240ak.
Anybody, don't touch "submicom upgrade" in service menu! :lol: Dear Samsung Corp., please, renamed this item in "self-destruct button"))
Best regards, Stanislav!
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by notengo13 »

lazy quoteShow
Staniks88 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:51 am

Good luck
Anybody, don't touch "submicom upgrade" in service menu! :lol: Dear Samsung Corp., please, renamed this item in "self-destruct button"))
Best regards, Stanislav!
did you turn off your TV after you hit submicom upgrade? or you just plug usb with firmware to usb ports? and you've wait like described by @oztoralia
Staniks88

Post by Staniks88 »

notengo13 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:02 pm
lazy quoteShow
Staniks88 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:51 am

Good luck
Best regards, Stanislav!
did you turn off your TV after you hit submicom upgrade? or you just plug usb with firmware to usb ports? and you've wait like described by @oztoralia
I did everything exactly as described @oztoralia. this is the only solution I could find on the net and it worked. after 4 hours the screen went black, but the backlight was on, the next day I unplugged the wire, then waited 5 minutes and turned it on. The TV turned on after that, everything works.
Qaistec33

Post by Qaistec33 »

I have a samsung UE40ES6140W TV, unfortunately last night I entered Submicom upgrade section by mistake and the screen has been stoped working and remote control doesn't work anymore.
I turned off the TV and tried to turn it back on again
But it never worked until the lighting of the remote control did not come back
I removed the power socket for three days and tried to turn it on, but the problem still persists
Please let me know if there is any way to fix it.
sakoya

Post by sakoya »

I accidentally pressed submicom. Samsung ue42f5570 television does not turn on at all. I wish I hadn't closed it.
sakoya

Post by sakoya »

What are solutions?

Return to “[H] Firmware”