Warning!!! Rooting H. Warning!!!!

Here is information about customize your H series firmware.

super5
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Warning!!! Rooting H. Warning!!!!

Post by super5 »

I think u have mistaken the ir blaster for something else :geek: it may have the same plug but is made to be a universal remote control transmitter.
aktuls2
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by aktuls2 »

No. Not Ir blaster.... transmitter.

Take a look at this Youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MzmOrrJoHY

I have the same setup/config and what the video or instructions left unclear I figured out and wanted to share with others.
You can use the ir transmitter this way :ugeek:
super5
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by super5 »

I see, Very Nice :D
randand

Post by randand »

Hi!
I just bought a h6200 tv.
I have a couple of questions:
-) It came with the 2114 firmware preinstalled. I see that the latest version availble on samsung website is 2116, so my firware is (unfortunately?) quite updated. Does the 2114 firmware still allow rooting?
-) Disable otn in service men? void the warranty?
Many thanks in advance!
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

randand wrote:Hi!
I just bought a h6200 tv.
I have a couple of questions:
-) It came with the 2114 firmware preinstalled. I see that the latest version availble on samsung website is 2116, so my firware is (unfortunately?) quite updated. Does the 2114 firmware still allow rooting?
It is not known :)
randand wrote: -) Disable otn in service men? void the warranty?
Many thanks in advance!
Shouldn't :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
JerryBoy

Post by JerryBoy »

Hi!
Have the Samsung Smart TV UE32H5570SSXZG, firmware v.2120, OTN disabled, - is something moving on this one rooting ? (or to downgrade FW?)...
Thanks in advance
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

JerryBoy wrote:Hi!
Have the Samsung Smart TV UE32H5570SSXZG, firmware v.2120, OTN disabled, - is something moving on this one rooting ? (or to downgrade FW?)...
Thanks in advance
I think root will work for you :) Be patient it still some time before christmas ;)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
q8v08

Post by q8v08 »

Would I still be able to decrypt a recording if I didn't have the .cip file?, I accidently deleted it off the hdd before backup, ooops
it's not some type of cipher file needed in the decryption process?, I still have the other 5 files .inf,.ss,.srf,.mta,.mdb
from what I can tell .mta files are automatically created to save your play/pause position and are remade if they don't exist when you replay the recording over dlna.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

q8v08 wrote:Would I still be able to decrypt a recording if I didn't have the .cip file?, I accidently deleted it off the hdd before backup, ooops
it's not some type of cipher file needed in the decryption process?
Are you still able to play recordings? If yes, file isn't needed to decrypt them :D (I think it's more likely some kind of index file)
q8v08 wrote:from what I can tell .mta files are automatically created to save your play/pause position and are remade if they don't exist when you replay the recording over dlna.
No, .mta files are only thumbnails of recordings. Play position is stored elsewhere (most probably in .cip :) )
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
q8v08

Post by q8v08 »

I don't know to copy the files back to the ext4 partition under windows to test them, I used linux reader to get the files, the hdd has two partitions the first ntfs and the second ext4, the tv sees both :-) recordings fail though if you don't disconnect the ntfs partition temporary whilst recording.
I can copy files to and from a ext4 partition using Ext2Fsd but only if the first partition is ext4, which is useless to me because windows can't see / mount the second partition as ntfs which leaves me GB's of unused space, which I use for storing mp4s since samsung didn't program it to read any other files off a ext4 partition than the .srf recordings.

Return to “[H] Firmware”