Warning!!! Rooting H. Warning!!!!

Here is information about customize your H series firmware.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Warning!!! Rooting H. Warning!!!!

Post by sectroyer »

If you want to ever have SamyGO on H TV disable updates immediately!!!! Disabling in "normal" menu is not enough. You have to disable OTN Support in service menu although no need to enter extended service menu. If you don't disable updates you might not be able get SamyGO working on H TV for VERY LONG TIME - PROBABLY YEARS!!!!
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zarigo
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Warning!!! Rooting H. Warning!!!!

Post by zarigo »

Thanks for.the info.

And if I already have last firmware version and disable otn in extended service i will able get SamyGo working in my H8000?? Or already is.impossible??

Regards from Spain.
Samsung UE49K6400 Waiting for RooT or any tools for K series...
Thanks @sectroyer for your work and help!!
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

zarigo wrote:Thanks for.the info.

And if I already have last firmware version and disable otn in extended service i will able get SamyGo working in my H8000?? Or already is.impossible??

Regards from Spain.
I don't know your particular TV but disable OTN immediately. It's not the matter of whether you will get SamyGO working. It's the matter of even having a chance to get SamyGO working. NOT DISABLING OTN is the easiest way to NEVER having SamyGO on H :D
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
zarigo
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by zarigo »

Ok...I understand you perfectly. My tv is 48H8000 firmware 1141.0 dated 28-07-2014

Thanhs again.
Samsung UE49K6400 Waiting for RooT or any tools for K series...
Thanks @sectroyer for your work and help!!
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

I'm on the way to buy a 40H6203 (the price is very attractive at 399 Euro).
Is something moving on H series rooting ?
AVOID TO PUBLISH AND DISCLOSE SAMYGO PROJECTS ON OTHER FORUM.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

miazza wrote:I'm on the way to buy a 40H6203 (the price is very attractive at 399 Euro).
Yeah it's moving but first thing after buying is to disable OTN Support and report firmware version :)
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

sectroyer wrote:
miazza wrote:I'm on the way to buy a 40H6203 (the price is very attractive at 399 Euro).
Yeah it's moving but first thing after buying is to disable OTN Support and report firmware version :)
Lesson learned my friend ;)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Hehe. :)
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

sectroyer wrote:
TV Just received. FW version 1104.
I could not manage OTN support with the standard methods but for the time being the TV will not be connected to Internet (no internet availability in that site :cry: ) so there should be no risk.
I will anyhow try to fix OTN OFF in the next days.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

miazza wrote: TV Just received. FW version 1104.
I could not manage OTN support with the standard methods but for the time being the TV will not be connected to Internet (no internet availability in that site :cry: ) so there should be no risk.
I will anyhow try to fix OTN OFF in the next days.
Told you it's crucial to disable OTN Support on H. It's possible your root is gone ;)

Return to “[H] Firmware”