BEWARE: SEK-3000 Evolution Kit bricks TV

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Protovist

BEWARE: SEK-3000 Evolution Kit bricks TV

Post by Protovist »

The SEK-3000 bricked my UN65H8000. Mostly worked for a couple hours with some strange resolution glitches, then reboot loop after displaying the Smart TV logo. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I tried the EEPROM reset, but it still displays the "must uninstall evolution kit" message.
Pretty sure I found the correct chip. IC1901 in the middle of the image: http://imgur.com/a/N6Ond

Any other way to uninstall the Evolution Kit?
Protovist

Re: BEWARE: SEK-3000 Evolution Kit bricks TV

Post by Protovist »

It's not legible in the image, but the EEPROM chip is S-24C512C.
FrostByte

Post by FrostByte »

Got one this past weekend and mine is in a constant reboot loop also after it was working great for a day. Taking the SEK off just displays a message that you can't just unplug the SEK and you have to go into the settings and remove it first. Old catch-22.

I've got another SEK-3000 on the way and hope I can get back into the menu to uninstall the kit, otherwise I will be calling Samsung. Saw another buyer got a free main board from Samsung but had to pay for installation
FrostByte

Post by FrostByte »

The new SEK-3000 didn't help and the tv went right into a reboot loop once installed. Samsung would only give me the phone number to a repair shop, but not sure it's worth it at this point to repair a 2013 set. Samsung is also aware this thing is causing this issue, but have no solution at this point other than to replace the main board

Return to “[H] Support”