Samsung H-Series: change Smart Hub region

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Samsung H-Series: change Smart Hub region

Post by M11 »

So some H series TV's are already available, does anyone know if it is still possible to change Smart Hub region?
F9000 + SEK-3500U
SSwart

Re: Samsung H-Series: change Smart Hub region

Post by SSwart »

I used the following and it worked perfectly on the following model UE40H6400:
https://support.unlocator.com/customer/ ... g-smart-tv

The only thing is that the "ON TV" feature doesnt work at the moment. This is because the smart hub is set to a certain area and so you cannot select the local providers based on social media.
But I need to some to play with it - for now I have it deactivated.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Samsung H-Series Samsung H-Series: change Smart Hub re

Post by juusso »

Thanks for reporting! :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
ovbg

Post by ovbg »

How about the HT-H7750 surround sound system. This has a smart hub, but there are no channel up/down keys (so the F-series method to change regions can't be used) and no numbers on the remote, so no >>289<< method either.

Anyone know the trick on this model?
ovbg

Post by ovbg »

Has anyone heard of the Smart Hub on the H6740 (this one was bought in Germany) which can not actually change Smart Hubs?

There is a report going that when a user in Germany changes the smart Hub from Germany using the method reported here, the hub changes, but in any hub outside of Germany, it will only install generic apps. When trying to install specific apps, he gets an error message. So, when going to the UK hub, there is no BBC iPlayer, no 4oD etc.

When trying to install something from the app store, like SBS on-demand, he gets a "Failed to download .300" error.

When going back to the German store, all the local apps install automatically?

I have never heard of this before, but he has photos to prove it. Has anyone heard of this?
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

ovbg wrote:Has anyone heard of the Smart Hub on the H6740 (this one was bought in Germany) which can not actually change Smart Hubs?

There is a report going that when a user in Germany changes the smart Hub from Germany using the method reported here, the hub changes, but in any hub outside of Germany, it will only install generic apps. When trying to install specific apps, he gets an error message. So, when going to the UK hub, there is no BBC iPlayer, no 4oD etc.

When trying to install something from the app store, like SBS on-demand, he gets a "Failed to download .300" error.

When going back to the German store, all the local apps install automatically?

I have never heard of this before, but he has photos to prove it. Has anyone heard of this?
I have seen this error when trying to download some apps that were not available for my tv at that time.
I think Smart Hub is messed up on his tv, he should try a reset.
F9000 + SEK-3500U
ovbg

Post by ovbg »

M11 wrote: I have seen this error when trying to download some apps that were not available for my tv at that time.
Hi M11,
Thanks for replying and the tips. He tried a Smart Hub reset, as well as a full factory reset, but this did not solve the problem. The odd thing here is that the TV will only install three different Smart Hubs. He can change to any country, but only Germany, Switzerland or Austria will allow region-specific apps to be installed.

This seems very odd to me. Has Samsung started to restrict the Smart Hub from changing?
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

ovbg wrote:
M11 wrote: I have seen this error when trying to download some apps that were not available for my tv at that time.
Hi M11,
Thanks for replying and the tips. He tried a Smart Hub reset, as well as a full factory reset, but this did not solve the problem. The odd thing here is that the TV will only install three different Smart Hubs. He can change to any country, but only Germany, Switzerland or Austria will allow region-specific apps to be installed.

This seems very odd to me. Has Samsung started to restrict the Smart Hub from changing?
It is possible but I doubt it, at the moment only one person seems to have this issue. Maybe the TV checks location based on IP address and it must match the selected region? He could get a trial account from unblock-us and try if he can then download US apps.
I'm using US smart hub without any problems (I'm in Europe).
F9000 + SEK-3500U
ovbg

Post by ovbg »

He is using a SmartDNS service, but from OverPlay. However, that said, changing regions and installing apps on Samsung TVs have never before required Smart DNS. Just in case, he is going to try a VPN, but year, he is the only person I know to experience this problem.
Actually, I know someone else who just bought the same model TV, and also in Germany who wants to switch to the UK hub. Her TV comes tomorrow, so if she has the same problem, we'll know it affects more than one person.

Can I ask which model H-series you have?
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

ovbg wrote:He is using a SmartDNS service, but from OverPlay. However, that said, changing regions and installing apps on Samsung TVs have never before required Smart DNS. Just in case, he is going to try a VPN, but year, he is the only person I know to experience this problem.
Actually, I know someone else who just bought the same model TV, and also in Germany who wants to switch to the UK hub. Her TV comes tomorrow, so if she has the same problem, we'll know it affects more than one person.

Can I ask which model H-series you have?
I have read about a similar problem before and someone suggested that Samsung may be checking IP addresses, but I'm not sure if it was resolved or what TV model it was.
About SmartDNS, these services work only with services that they are configured to work with. Best way to test is using VPN or something that's known to work.

I have F9000 + SEK-2500U, it uses same firmware as HU8500 in Europe (HU9000 in US).
F9000 + SEK-3500U

Return to “[H] Support”