PVR to NAS storage [NFS, SMB]

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

majonezz
SamyGO Project Donor

PVR to NAS storage [NFS, SMB]

Post by majonezz »

Hello, forgive me if this was mentioned before but i couldn't find it in H Series section.
There is some method to store recordings directly at network storage, similar to the one in the B-series.
-Create an ordinary recording device. I bet you have one already.
-Mount some network storage on TV - i prefer NFS system. You have it already, right? ;)
-SSH or Telnet to the tv
-create "CONTENTS" directory at your network storage, so full path to the new created dir form tv point of view will be for example /dtv/usb/sdb/nfs/192.168.1.105/storage2/media/recorded/CONTENTS
-copy all content of original "CONTENTS" at your recording device to the new created directory. In my case src dir was /dtv/usb/sda2/CONTENTS
-rename (or delete) original "CONTENTS" at your ordinary recording device
-make a symlink to the network place (eg. /dtv/usb/sdb/nfs/192.168.1.105/storage2/media/recorded/CONTENTS) named "CONTENTS" at your recording device (in my case it was /dtv/usb/sda2/).

It should work by now. Try to access recordings by entering your recording device as usual, ie. by SOURCE button at remote. All previously recorded content should be normally visible. Try to play something. If it works, try to record something. From PC go to your network share and check if new files are created (*.inf, *.mdb, *.srf, *.cip,*.ss). If so, your work is done. To be sure, try to play newly recorded content.
I bet there is no need to tell how extremely useful it is :) You can inject LibNoDRM and watch recording on other device (eg. PC, other TV) even if it is still recording). You can then make a symlink(s) to not encrypted *.srf-s to *.ts. You will be able to play it at tv content browser or other playing stuff.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: PVR to NAS storage [NFS, SMB]

Post by juusso »

Hi, possible to get some examples, with commands etc?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

We struggled other day on mounting stuff whereas symlink would be enough? I can't believe it :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:We struggled other day on mounting stuff whereas symlink would be enough? I can't believe it :)
I don't remember the details but even mount -binding didn't work in some cases... For me it's enough to mount image ;) Also I think "PVR disk" created with "symlink approach" will have the size of original usb and NOT the size of NAS :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
majonezz
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by majonezz »

juuso wrote:Hi, possible to get some examples, with commands etc?
Ok, so:

Code: Select all

# mkdir /dtv/usb/sdb/nfs/YOUR_SERVER_IP/some/path/CONTENTS
# cp /dtv/usb/sda2/CONTENTS/* /dtv/usb/sdb/nfs/YOUR_SERVER_IP/some/path/CONTENTS
# mv /dtv/usb/sda2/CONTENTS /dtv/usb/sda2/CONTENTS_OLD
# cd /dtv/usb/sda2/
# ln -s /dtv/usb/sdb/nfs/YOUR_SERVER_IP/some/path/CONTENTS CONTENTS
# ls -l
total 24
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     app           4096 Jan  1 00:31 CONTENTS_OLD
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            63 Jan  1 00:03 CONTENTS -> /dtv/usb/sdb/nfs/192.168.1.105/storage2/media/recorded/CONTENTS
drwx------    2 root     root         16384 Jan  1 00:02 lost+found
#
Note:
sda2 is my "real" PVR device
sdb is SamyGO network stuff mountpoint root

Return to “[H] Support”