CEC Anynet+ H5070

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

groschi2

CEC Anynet+ H5070

Post by groschi2 »

Hello,
I bought a Samsung UE50H5070. In the price comparison sites I read that this TV has CEC. Now I have it and I apprehend that there is no possibility to get CEC.
I want to use it with a raspberryPi.
I looked in the service-menu but I doesn't find anything.
I googled in the internet and here. Until now I found other users who are looking for the same problem but no solution until now.

Does anyone have a solution yet? Does anyone find something in the service-menu?
macguyver

Re: CEC Anynet+ H5070

Post by macguyver »

No idea but be very careful when using the service menu. Maybe a firmware update could solve the issue?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

"Price comparison" site lies, CEC is not supported by your model...
Firmware update never solve such "issue" nor any other by the way :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
H5070user

Post by H5070user »

I also miss CEC support on the H5070. Since I could not find a way too activate CEC in the various menus, I decided to opon the TV an analyze the PCB.
I found that the CEC pin (pin 13 on the HDMI connector) is not connected to the SOC [1] in the TV. So I can safely say, there is no CEC on this model.

[1] I did not dare to remove the heatsink on top of the SOC. So if anybody knows what SOC is in the H5070, please let me know.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

H5070user wrote: I found that the CEC pin (pin 13 on the HDMI connector) is not connected to the SOC [1] in the TV. So I can safely say, there is no CEC on this model.
Awesome news. Thank you very much!!!
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Return to “[H] Support”