Please help me unbrick my television

Information, questions and any other thing related with A series.

vampyremike

Please help me unbrick my television

Post by vampyremike »

I apologise if I am not in the right part of the forum.

I'm really really kicking myself today. I was doing a firmware upgrade for my television which ended up being from another Country. I hadn't realized this prior to doing it.

It froze about 20% in even though supposedly it's worked for 100's of others online. That being said, the tv no longer boots and the little light just blinks when I push buttons on the remote.

I am reading that the Eeprom is probably overwritten and corrupt now due to the firmware not working and locking up. Some people say they short the eprom on the board with a wire or paperclip to reset it back to factory as oppose to changing the whole board.

This is of course a now very old TV, it had been gifted to me recently and worked just fine for my needs as I'd rather not buy another right now. Any help with fixing this tv and getting it back to the old firmware?

Thanks, I appreciate any help I can get. Everything I've seen so far references newer or other model tvs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vampyremike

Re: Please help me unbrick my television

Post by vampyremike »

My buddy says this is it. How do I know which lines to short?

https://imgur.com/a/lrMcqTf
vampyremike

Re: Please help me unbrick my television

Post by vampyremike »

Nevermind. Opened it and followed the instructions. TV is shot :(

Return to “A Series”