Samsung Accidental MICOM Upgrade

Information, questions and any other thing related with A series.

WilsonSCandido

Re: Samsung Accidental MICOM Upgrade

Post by WilsonSCandido »

Hi Guys! I 'm from Brazil and i did the mistake of turn off my TV after UN40D55 SAMSUNG to select " Micom Upgrade" option in the menu. I saw that this topic is old , but i'd like to know if there is any option to solve this problem without change the main board . Appeared after 2013 any news about it ? Someone here can help me? Best regards!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Hi, apologize, still nothing to repair your tv. Just mainboard replacement.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
AlHard

Post by AlHard »

WilsonSCandido wrote:Hi Guys! I 'm from Brazil and i did the mistake of turn off my TV after UN40D55 SAMSUNG to select " Micom Upgrade" option in the menu. I saw that this topic is old , but i'd like to know if there is any option to solve this problem without change the main board . Appeared after 2013 any news about it ? Someone here can help me? Best regards!
It is necessary to reprogram the chip WT61P8xx with code of similar main board.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Know how? Tell us, please.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

AlHard

Post by AlHard »

juusso wrote:Know how? Tell us, please.
I will try to briefly (sorry for my english - google translate):
1. You need a computer with LPT port and XP (win7 not tried)
2. It is necessary to make the programmator from scheme in file pegas_2.rar
3. Install LPT driver from setup_lptdrv.rar
4. The next step - connect the programmator by i2? to the chip (It will help you datasheet wt61p802_421.pdf, do not forget 3.3v power and RESET pin must be 3.3v. It is better to find on-board control points)
5. Working with the program (postal2.rar) is shown on the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMOKe1YxNlU, only we do not use VGA-connector
6. Programming with file ue40eh5000w_wt61p805_388.rar . For mainboard BN41-01807a UE32ES6727 with wt61p805 worked.

I think for other mainboard with this type of chip is also nice. For others maybe need different code. Try.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Thanks for amazing info! i did some research on monitor.net and remont-aud.net and i found more schematics of jtag wich we could use. when i have some more time i will build one for me... for example this: http://remont-aud.net/_fr/192/9667475.gif

P.s. if someone interested, we could move with this project to another topic and build some database of firmwares. Need just some spare time and a bit soldering.

jorgeLab

Post by jorgeLab »

AlHard wrote:
4. The next step - connect the programmator by i2? to the chip (It will help you datasheet wt61p802_421.pdf, do not forget 3.3v power and RESET pin must be 3.3v. It is better to find on-board control points)
5. Working with the program (postal2.rar) is shown on the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMOKe1YxNlU, only we do not use VGA-connector
6. Programming with file ue40eh5000w_wt61p805_388.rar . For mainboard BN41-01807a UE32ES6727 with wt61p805 worked.

I think for other mainboard with this type of chip is also nice. For others maybe need different code. Try.
Thanks for the info. Does this work with a "exlink cable" or a " arduino mega + shield ethernet"?
How I can get the .bin for my model ( un32d5500 ) ?
I need conect to the pins holes
or whit the vga conector? Many thanks
alexsmith
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by alexsmith »

jorgeLab wrote:
AlHard wrote:

Thanks for the info. Does this work with a "exlink cable" or a " arduino mega + shield ethernet"?
How I can get the .bin for my model ( un32d5500 ) ?
I need conect to the pins holes
or whit the vga conector? Many thanks
@AlHard said we should reprogram wt61p805, but you talk about the EEPROM, which is another chip. Am I missing something?

For my TV (UN40F5500), Weltrend chip is a WT61P807, which is a display control, while EEPROM is an Atmel ATMLH448 2EC L B. I was able to also identify the Winbond chip, (serial flash) which is a 25Q40CLSIP.

I attached some pictures of the chips (attach1.JPG and attach2.JPG). Also attached the datasheets for WT61P8xx (w61p8.pdf), for ATMLH448 (atmel-8568-seeprom-at24c256c-datasheet.pdf) and Winbond chip (da00-w25q40cle1.pdf).

If I can help somehow in development or anything else in order to make the recovery of the main board easier, drop me a line.

Alex.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

@alexsmith or @jorgeLab, can you make dump of that winbond chip directly and compare to dump of weltrend firmware you've used to flash wt61p8 with postal2?
I guess you should get very interesting result.

Or maybe if you have postal, can you make dump via vga port and compare it to firmware you get from winbond chip?

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Just for info, if it can help, on my TV I can find SubMicoms "dumps" directly in filesystem

Code: Select all

/mtd_exe/SubMicomEU.bin
/mtd_exe/SubMicomUS.bin
I compared to E *real* dump posted above, it's the same.
Actually *almost* the same, no idea from where comes the difference, since /mtd_exe is firmware part.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “A Series”