Samy Going Open source (sh4 A7/8/9)

Information, questions and any other thing related with A series.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Samy Going Open source (sh4 A7/8/9)

Post by juusso »

Thanks, i`m very happy now Image
:)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
tom_van
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by tom_van »

A step towards HDMI input: test code can switch to HDMI and hardware control can set vsync rate to 50 or 60 Hz.

Unfortunately when HDMI input is active, it is impossible to use STi7109 framebuffer for OSD.
Original software uses OSD layer in MTK8226 over internal USB. I don't want to reimplement this.
kikoseis

Post by kikoseis »

Hi, I can help?
I have a le46a956 tv.
My knowledge with the samsung are few.
I could do something simple, because now I have no time.
In June could help much more because I have more time.
tom_van

Post by tom_van »

Thanks for offering, kikoseis. I think we sure will need some more testers in the near future. Subscribe this topics, please.

For the moment I temporarily stopped the project - I'll be back soon... hopefully in couple of weeks.
Stay tuned.
Schischu
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Schischu »

Hi, cool to see our project on samsung tvs.
To bad that I dont have such an Samsung, have only Samsung D model. :-(

Btw. L?we also uses ST SH40 Chipset. Unfortunately their TVs are little to expensive to replace the fw. ;-)
smx

Post by smx »

Hi, this is an awesome project.
I'd like to take a look at the modifications but there's no source code or repo available, and wiki doesn't mention anything. Strange since the title is "Samy Going Open source". Did i miss something?
Could you please provide a link or something to take a look? Thank you very much in advance!! :D
marcjero

Post by marcjero »

Hi,

I had the chance to test this. But I think Tom didn't have a lot of spare time to work on this. Basically it was possible to watch TV using open source software. But a lot of rework of exiting players was needed to make them work in a TV. These players were designed for SAT receivers not TV. I have no recent news from Tom, just hope everything is fine for him.

I would say that A-Series are quite old now. Mine is 5 years old and I don't expect it to survive more than 5 more years. While very exciting I think this kind of project is maybe too much time consuming compared to possible results and lifetime.

Today you can hook very cheap and powerful devices at the back of your TV that will provide a real smart TV experience.
smx

Post by smx »

I know, and even if i have an A6 TV with sh4, i'm not asking for progress, status or support, but just to be able to see the work already done so far. For example i'm curios to see how he managed to get the system working and how he ported those players to the sh4 architecture.
tom_van

Post by tom_van »

Hi friends, I'm still here. And yes, I'm busy working on other projects.

Marcjero thanks for mail and sorry for not replying. You are right that connecting an RPi or HTPC to HDMI input is by far simpler and better than finishing this project.
That is why only few people are interested.

smx: sources are open, but not yet published.
Big part of work are patches to existing software for SAT boxes. So originally I wanted to join some open source team and to contribute samtv as a new hw target.
But problem is that SAT box development is scattered and lot of different versions are on the net. Some has only german spoken forum.

It also possible to create a new project with its own git repository. It is not a problem to create it but the problem is to maintain an individual project in long term.
So until I publish sources, they are available on request.
smx wrote:i'm curios to see how he managed to get the system working and how he ported those players to the sh4 architecture.
Hmm, I doubt that anybody is able to see how anybody else managed to get the system working from the source. I recommend this forum and wiki, I wrote here some info about it.
marcjero

Post by marcjero »

Hi Tom,

nice to read you again. :)

Yes open source project based on neutrino* players would be hard to maintain. Too many forks and you have to learn german.

And xbmc is too much heavy to run on our hardware. Rpi is really the minimal hardware requirement for it.

Anyway my nfs root is still ready to start.

Return to “A Series”