How To downgrade firmware on J6250 Model?

General forum talking area for J series TVs.

aswartz

How To downgrade firmware on J6250 Model?

Post by aswartz »

Hi Guys, in history my Samsung UE48J6250SUXGZ has been updated the firmware automatically to 1422.3 and now i have so many trouble with the TV. Every 10min the TV restart and my Apps freeze too. I don't disable the update function but now it's to late.

I hope to downgrade the firmware to the last good running one 1412 but i don't know how to do this!
This is why i hope to get help here in the forum. If i don't grade down the TV has to get a new Motherboard by Samsung Technician or i have to use the guarantee to change the hole TV. But the TV works fine and i don't now if the new one is without any other problems.

So please help me to downgrade the firmware, many thanks, best regards Mike
Last edited by aswartz on Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: How To downgrade firmware on J6250 Model

Post by zoelechat »

How to downgrade? You can't :)
It can only be an official issue, you should inquire towards Samsung directly...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
aswartz

Post by aswartz »

Ok this is what i done now. They will change my Motherboard.
Is there any other option to do a absolutely full RESET except the one out of the service menu (FR RESET)?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

There should be another reset in "normal" menu, but none will ever reset firmware anyway, it's not in ROM.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
aswartz

Post by aswartz »

I use the normal reset in menu and the other one by service menu but my TV still restart after 5min and the App's are freezing too.
But everything will be good;) Today i received a new one with FW 1411.0 installed and it work fine:)

"Dam" that the downgrade isn't possible;( But thank you for answer and help.
GAS55

Re: How To downgrade firmware on J6250 Model?

Post by GAS55 »

aswartz wrote:Hi Guys, in history my Samsung UE48J6250SUXGZ has been updated the firmware automatically to 1422.3 and now i have so many trouble with the TV. Every 10min the TV restart and my Apps freeze too. I don't disable the update function but now it's to late.

I hope to downgrade the firmware to the last good running one 1412 but i don't know how to do this!
This is why i hope to get help here in the forum. If i don't grade down the TV has to get a new Motherboard by Samsung Technician or i have to use the guarantee to change the hole TV. But the TV works fine and i don't now if the new one is without any other problems.

So please help me to downgrade the firmware, many thanks, best regards Mike

There is a topic in this forum "Firmware downgrade for J Series". I have just done it on my UE40JU6400. Please check this topic to make your downgrade.
Shortly you need to make a downgrade to null version. Before that you need to check the sowftware version of your TV. Its in Menu->Support->ContactSamsung and inside that -Software Version: T-XXXXXXX-1422.3 For the european version it was T-HKMDEUC-14XX
To do that you will need to download the "null" version of the firmware (you can find a link to it and select the correct version as I wrote it above). Copy it to a USB stick, switch of the automatic update and to start the update form the menu. While you plug off the tv from internet it will find the "null" firmaware on your usb. After installation you need to copy the 1412.1 ver firmware to your usb and delet the "null" firmware.
Throgh the same steps your TV will upgrade the firmware to 1412.1
And again dont forget to always switch off the automatic update, and before istalling any firmware to your TV check the version of your firmware type. Before your ask it, yes there is the same firmaware version for UE40JXXXX or 45 or 48.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

You should DOWNgrade ASAP and block updates on router!!!!
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Leon7777

Post by Leon7777 »

You can't blocking updates on router in j series
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Leon7777 wrote:You can't blocking updates on router in j series
Of course you CAN :P
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Leon7777

Post by Leon7777 »

Blocking msecnd.net
samsungotn.net
www.samsungotn.net
test.samsungotn.net
works fine on Android TV but not on Tizen

Return to “[J] General”