Possibility to contact Samsung firmware developers for extra features?

General forum talking area for J series TVs.

hugocoolens

Possibility to contact Samsung firmware developers for extra features?

Post by hugocoolens »

I'm looking for a way to contact the Samsung firmware developers directly to add or change some features on their TVs. I tried their support but it soon became clear to me that these people don't have the right connections to communicate this kind of requests to the firmware developers.

Here are two examples of the kind of requests I'm thinking of for my UE40JU7000L

1. As I have both cable and satellite it is very cumbersome to switch from one to the other with this TV: I always have to follow the path:
menu-->broadcasting-->aerial-->cable
or
menu-->broadcasting-->aerial-->satellite
A simple solution would be to add to the source menu the possbility to choose between TV-cable and TV-sat

2. I'd like Samsung to add the unicable option in their firmware of the Benelux version of this TV (it is possible because the German version of the same tv does have that unicable-option in the LNB-menu)

any suggestions how to contact the right people for this kind of requests?

thanks,
Hugo
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Possibility to contact Samsung firmware developers for extra features?

Post by zoelechat »

It would be known if Samsung were listening to customers. Probably SamyGO wouldn't have any reason to exist :lol:
We're not aftersale in any way, and the only Samsung "connection" we have is them putting spokes in our wheels.

Your "1." request is already and largely patched on rooted/rootable TVs (<J). About "2." no idea, but if "you'd like Samsung", just ask Samsung :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
hugocoolens

Post by hugocoolens »

Zoelechat wrote
It would be known if Samsung were listening to customers. Probably SamyGO wouldn't have any reason to exist :lol:
We're not aftersale in any way, and the only Samsung "connection" we have is them putting spokes in our wheels.

Your "1." request is already and largely patched on rooted/rootable TVs (<J). About "2." no idea, but if "you'd like Samsung", just ask Samsung :)
Wasn't there a section somewhere on the SamyGO-forum where Samsung developers also were present?

kind regards,
Hugo
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Good idea. We should invite them here ;)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

savan wrote:I have tried almost everything to get any info related to tizen and gstreamer api for accessing dvb api, got nothing, got no reaply. He lay about support! That is a marketing trick about fully open development support on tizen tv os, he lay! No support there!
"Open" doesn't mean "support". "Open" means "you have the codes read what you have". Nothing more, nothing less :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Ehh. Why would expect them to release it if code is NOT GPL ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
bugficks

Post by bugficks »

dont feed the troll :)
mehmethan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mehmethan »

The customerservice forwarded two of my suggestions. Nothing happend. It was years ago. :)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

mehmethan wrote:The customerservice forwarded two of my suggestions. Nothing happend. It was years ago. :)
that's how hq thinks :)

Return to “[J] General”