Hello World :)

General forum talking area for J series TVs.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Hello World :)

Post by sectroyer »

Hehe. Glad to make you happy :)

P.S. Remember to block updates on router ASAP!!!! :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
kaydee
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by kaydee »

@Sectroyer and Team samygo really good job.

then I have to think about buying a new TV to me. :)

@zoelechat :P
mod25
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mod25 »

nice!
my tv is UE48JU7500 so i hope it works on mine. when do you think to release.

is it correct if i block the samsung pages on my router nothing else will work (e.g. netflix)

thanky
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

no idea. But if you want to have netflix no point in asking about root :) Immediately after root release samsung will release new version of firmware that will be REQUIRED by NEW VERSION of netflix :) You have decide what you want to have on your TV :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

:D :D :D
Congratulations Sectroyer :!:

Probably K series will be same.
Thanks to project donors, I can buy J & K series TVs to developers who want to play with it 8-)
(Off-course after approval ;) )
3iOnDo
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by 3iOnDo »

sectroyer wrote:no idea. But if you want to have netflix no point in asking about root :) Immediately after root release samsung will release new version of firmware that will be REQUIRED by NEW VERSION of netflix :) You have decide what you want to have on your TV :)
I don't know if it's a Tizen related issue, but on my F6400 with root and blockd updates
i can use Netflix w/o any problem.
Anyway Congrats for your achievement !!!!
P.S: your video is soooo geek ... no music, no words, just terminal text ... cool :mrgreen:
UE32F6400 - T-MST12DEUC-1119.0,BT-G - SamyGO Extensions on F series

" I don't know ... for now ... "
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

3iOnDo wrote:
sectroyer wrote:no idea. But if you want to have netflix no point in asking about root :) Immediately after root release samsung will release new version of firmware that will be REQUIRED by NEW VERSION of netflix :) You have decide what you want to have on your TV :)
I don't know if it's a Tizen related issue, but on my F6400 with root and blockd updates
i can use Netflix w/o any problem.
Anyway Congrats for your achievement !!!!
P.S: your video is soooo geek ... no music, no words, just terminal text ... cool :mrgreen:
hehe :D Simplicity over fireworks :) About your. On F you update to LATEST firmware :) To be honest your TV is now old :) Very old, no wonder Samsung doesn't care :) On newer firmwares issue persists. Just ask H users :D
mod25
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mod25 »

like root more :-)

when do you think to release or is it released i also have an other 40" J-Series TV to test it
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

mod25 wrote:

when do you think to release or is it released i also have an other 40" J-Series TV to test it
Block updates on router as described in my signature. Check if blocking works and wait :) You will know when we release something :)
mod25
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mod25 »

sectroyer wrote:
mod25 wrote:

Block updates on router as described in my signature. Check if blocking works and wait :) You will know when we release something :)

1st done.
2nd OK.
Thank you :-)

Return to “[J] General”