Thanks to all for the work doing here.
I read many post but didn't find a solution to enable PVR on my samy tv.
Right now cant record any show on my hdd, I think that the mode is disabled because when I thy to push record button do nothing and when try pause button not enable message will appear.
Is there a solution?
At the end of the post, I'll ask you a favour.
For the procedure you need to activate the EXTENDED service menu. To do this, you need to follow one of the methods listed here (https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5?title ... SPEED_keys). I have built an IR transmitter following the instructions provided here (https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5?title ... ransmitter) (in addition to the instructions there is also a zip file containing the WAV files of different commands we will send).
1) build the IR transmitter (2 IR LED connected to a 3.5 mm stereo jack). If you do not want to use a soldering iron, you can use the jack and wires from headphones:
- a) cut the wires close to the ear;
b) expose the wires. If the headphones are separated, each side (Right and Left) there will be two wires: one usually copper-colored, the other green or red. We are interested in the green and red wires.
c) with the flame of a lighter burn off the insulating coating covering the green and red wires;
d) removes residues of protective paint with sandpaper: you must see the typical color of the copper wires. If you have a multimeter, you can check that there is connection between the wires that you have "scratched" and the jack, in particular with one of the two contacts of the closest to the jack tip (the one closest to the tail is the ground that in this realization does not serves).
e) with sandpaper removes the oxide from 2 LED terminals;
f) if you look at the terminals of the LEDs, you will see that one is longer than the other (need to recognize the terminals);
g) have the two LEDs one above the other, with the "upside down" ie contacts a long terminal of an LED above to the short of the other. You will have two LEDs that point in the same direction behind with 2 terminals, each of which contains a terminal of an LED long and one short of the other;
h) wrap around each pair of "short" - "long" one of the two terminals "stripped" threads of the cap.
i) use insulating tape to ensure that there can be no electrical contact between the terminals and to give a minimum of rigidity to the whole.
3) place the two ir LED under the LED of TV (the LED which is red when TV is in standbay; for me is on the right), ie in the vicinity of the IR sensor of the TV;
4) adjust the PC audio output volume to high values ??(greater than 75%);
5) check that the IR transmitter functions in this way:
- a) turn off the TV;
b) using Windows Media Player WMP (with other players seems not work) playback the file POWER_form REMOTE_inv.wav;
c) the TV should switch on; if it does not, there is something that does not work and you will have to double check everything.
6) with the TV turned on, playback with WMP the file INFO_FACTORY_inv.wav;
7) after few seconds you will see on TV the extended service menu, similar to the service menu, but not the same: there are more visible and editable options.
8) CAUTION: DO NOT USE THE KEYS RIGHT AND LEFT OF THE TV REMOTE CONTROL IN MENU' TO MOVE.
9) HINT: take (several) photos of every screen you will see on the TV: they can come in handy if you make mistakes. Make more than one pictures per screen, because they are often blurry.
9) select "OPTION" (the first) and press OK on the Samsung remote control;
10) select "MRT option" and press OK on the Samsung remote control;
11) take photos of the screen and press "RETURN" on the Samsung remote control; ***(see note at the end of the post)***
Repeat steps 10-11 for each MENU' Item, This can help if you take mistake. CAUTION: DO NOT USE THE RIGHT AND LEFT BUTTON OF THE TV REMOTE CONTROL.
12) select "Model" and press "OK" on the Samsung remote control;
13) a table of TV Samsung models should appear. At the moment "JU6400" should be highlighted, which is the kind of TV you have.
14) select "JU7000" and press "OK" on the Samsung remote control. By doing so, you change the type of TV from JU6400 (no PVR) to JU7000 (with PVR).
15) press "RETURN" on the remote control Samsung;
16) Turn off the TV by remote control Samsung.
If everything worked, pressing the button "Record" on the Samsung remote control (button with a red dot) should activate the recording of the program and the message "function not available" does not appear.
And now the favour: if you try this procedure, could you be so kind to send me as PM or post here photos you take of various screens ? Thanks
*** Note ****
When you select "MRT Option", you'll see the option "PVR Support" set to "OFF". We can change this value to "ON" but, unfortunately, when we turn off TV, value is reported to "OFF".
http://www.zambullo.de/fernseher/vergle ... j6250.html
http://www.zambullo.de/fernseher/unters ... -2015.html