I can not lock router updates

General forum talking area for J series TVs.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: I can not lock router updates

Post by sectroyer »

oto wrote:Is it documented in Samsung help or manual that there are forced updates and that "auto upgrade" checkbox is only cosmetical?
Yes. Check code for "forced updates".
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

...or simply in filesystem:

Code: Select all

-rw-r--r-- 1 app  app   0 2016-08-24 13:33 autoUpdateDisclaimerHackFlag
All is said :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
wastez

Post by wastez »

If blocking via ip isn't possible you can do it via DNS if you are using a internal one.
Just configure the domainname that you want to Block with the loopback Adress for example.
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by notengo13 »

If you have asus router with merlin firmware you can install AB-Solution 2.0 is out! (v2.0.1) from here
And black list domains
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

oto wrote:Is it documented in Samsung help or manual that there are forced updates and that "auto upgrade" checkbox is only cosmetical?
There is NO official "paper" saying they do that. They DO have it IN CODE, they DID force updates in the past and if you mail them they will admit that they do it :) What else do you need :P Not blocked, root bye bye :P
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
oto

Post by oto »

Ok, got it, thanks.

Return to “[J] General”