stuck in service menu - pleeeeeeeesa heeeelp !!!

General forum talking area for J series TVs.

maxwell777

stuck in service menu - pleeeeeeeesa heeeelp !!!

Post by maxwell777 »

i tried to access the extended service menu on my UE UE43J5550 in order to enable PVR.
I built an IR transmitter followong these instructions http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5?title= ... ransmitter

then i
1) entered the service menu
2) changed to hotel mode
3) pressed INFO on my remote and simultaneously sent FACTORY_INV to TV in order to get into advanced mode (maybe this was a mistake following some outdated tutorial from teh wrong model ?)

then the next thing whc?ch happened was that my TV showed the colours white-red-green-blue and keeps on iterating every 2 seconds or so.
i am stuck and cant't get out of this mode now. even when i switch it off or remove power completely - after switching it bak on i can see a TV program for like 1-2 seconds and then it jumps into this colour-mode.

what can i do to go back to normal service menu - and use my TV again ?
thanks in advance for any help...
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: stuck in service menu - pleeeeeeeesa heeeelp !!!

Post by zoelechat »

Just send FACTORY again, TV will go back to normal.
Access sequence is INFO THEN FACTORY, quite quickly but not "simultaneously". Your TV just didn't catch INFO key, hence well-known "blinking colors" state FACTORY alone cause.
Also forget your 1) and 2) steps, INFO+FACTORY is meant to be sent from normal TV operating state: not necessarily in hotel mode, and NOT already in service menu.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Yeap. Agree. I was also shockt for few seconds when realized that red blinking firmware name while in service menu. No worry. Just send factory key once again ;)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
maxwell777

Post by maxwell777 »

am i getting you right:
1) i am in current state and watching teh colours iterate
2) i send FACTORY_from_REMOTE_inv.wav
thats it?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Yes :)
maxwell777

Post by maxwell777 »

thanks for these tipps.
i tried to do that - but no succes yet. it seems like the TV is not responding to me playing the -wav at all.
i send the wav- and nothing changes.
i always thought that when you send an IR signal to the TV then you can "see" at least the IR receiver in the lower right corner responding by some blinking red light.
when i use my regular samsung remote and press any buttons - then i see the TV responding. but when i send the .wav file using my selfmade IR transmitter then i see no reaction at all on the TV.
is this corrrect ? strange, it all worked when i "ruined" it by senidng it into this state, but now nothing seems to work anymore.

any advise ? is there any way to "check" the IR transmitter which i built ?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

You obviously succeeded once in sending FACTORY (->colors blink), it should mean your transmitter works. Try closer to bottom right corner of TV, be careful to orientate it correctly and to play wave at max volume...

Otherwise you can "test" it by filming it into darkness, most cams are catching IR :)

notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by notengo13 »

have you somebody around you with android built in IR? i use on my Galaxy S4 app Service Remote Control Samsung-TV and it works well. I see this colours also but then they dissapear after press FACTORY 2 twice for exit Extended Serviced menu.
direct link to app
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error
maxwell777

Post by maxwell777 »

wow-thanks for this great info.
now i checked my transmitter - and like on your video i can see that there is actually a signal coming out of my self made transmitter by looking through my cellphone cam.
however, no matter how much i tune up teh volume on my notebook (100%) and how near i get to my TV (like 5 cm) - no reaction whatsoever on teh Tv side. the colour switching continues, and teh IR receiver on the lower right corenr shows no "response" like when i use my regular Remote control.
what else could i do ?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

"notebook" itself can be a problem: often not enough powerful audio out.
Just follow notengo13 advice above...

Return to “[J] General”