fw 1470.3 HDMI-CEC issue

General forum talking area for J series TVs.

ScHAmPi

Re: Firmware download list for J Series

Post by ScHAmPi »

tdragn wrote:I have the same problem with my UE50J6275
After updating CEC cannot automatically connect to Kodi. But I can connect it through tools menu - it works until I switch to another source.
I've contacted Samsung, but got only basic recommendations: "check your connection, reset your settings, check for updates" bullshit :(
I have a UE48JU7000 and I experience the same problems since the auto!-update to 1470.3.

Phone support made an appointment for the support engineers to access my tv remotely. During the remote support the engineer did the basic stuff as mentioned in this topic.

Sad thing was that he didn't even ask what the problem was before he started. When I explained it to him, after his actions obviously hadn't solved it, he told me that Anynet is their CEC flavor and that they don't guarantee any compatibility with anything other than Samsung devices. "Hey lets give it another name so we cannot be held liable when it doesn't work".

When I stressed to him that the update broke something that was functioning fine before, he told me that I should consider myself lucky to have had it working in the first place, but that there's nothing to be done to solve it (other then hope for another firmware update). He supposedly was going to pass on the information but I seriously doubt he did that based on how annoyed he sounded.

When I told him that imo they have to downgrade the firmware on my tv as I never asked for it in the first place, he told me that that was not possible. It's such bullshit that a company like Samsung has an auto update mechanism but no safeguards in place to go back in case of issues. Very lousy support indeed. Thank god not all suppliers have structural design errors like that.

I told Samsung support over Facebook support that I will not recommend Samsung as a brand until this is either fixed or until they come up with a decent explanation why they can't or won't but in that case tbh they should give me a possibility to go back to previous firmware. So far I haven't received a single response to the 4 messages I have sent them over Facebook...

I'm quite disappointed indeed. Too bad, because so far I've been very happy with Samsung products.
nagyimre1980
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: fw 1470.3 HDMI-CEC issue

Post by nagyimre1980 »

1478? download? Available?
MikeyLife wrote:Hi,
Have a new firmware today on my Samsung TV 48JS8500 (fw 1478) which resolve HDMI-CEC issue.
nickw

Re: RE: Re: fw 1470.3 HDMI-CEC issue

Post by nickw »

nagyimre1980 wrote:1478? download? Available?
MikeyLife wrote:Hi,
Have a new firmware today on my Samsung TV 48JS8500 (fw 1478) which resolve HDMI-CEC issue.
Not for me..... Hope it becomes available soon

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
oto

Post by oto »

Your only option is to try log issue in https://bugs.tizen.org and www.samsungdforum.com. Samsung support is useless just to piss off customers.
nickw

Post by nickw »

Just updated to 1471. Still have the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
jam2015

Post by jam2015 »

Just updated to 1471 and still have the same issue (I also did a restore to the "default" settings). Is there no way to restore the tv to the factory settings and its respective stock firmware?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

No. For now only known way to get "stock" fw is to never move from it :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
jam2015

Post by jam2015 »

Crap, i should have known better that eventually samsung would mess up my tv with its ota updates /:
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

jam2015 wrote:Crap, i should have known better that eventually samsung would mess up my tv with its ota updates /:
Well your only chance is to block updates if you don't know how simply disable access to device.
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
jam2015

Post by jam2015 »

sectroyer wrote:
jam2015 wrote:Crap, i should have known better that eventually samsung would mess up my tv with its ota updates /:
Well your only chance is to block updates if you don't know how simply disable access to device.
I think it's too late for me to do that xD (for now at least), my HDMI-CEC it's broken now so my only chance is to wait until Samsung decides to release a new fw that fixes the issue /:

Return to “[J] General”