[ROOT] J ROOT on T-HK* fw up to 1480

Here are software that related with Samsung J series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

twisted89
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] J ROOT on T-HK* fw up to 1480

Post by twisted89 »

sectroyer wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:39 pm No point covering that as EXACTLY what's used there is patched in "newer fw" :) Won't get you anywhere :)
All the same I'm interested in the technical aspects of it if you don't mind sharing?
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

+1 for a technical discussion. We love learning new things, even if outdated :)
H6400, firmware 2602.2 downgraded to 2130
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

sectroyer fears that disclosing technical details here we will help samsung technicians to find out what to do to stop us... So that such discussions are possible only privately or in hidden subforums. Big brother is watching us. Believe me. Time when we used to share all texhnical details is gone.

LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
bugficks
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by bugficks »

exploit webkit w/ jscript to execute shellcode binary which exploits kernel to gain root... since both bugs are fixed now you need to find/wait for new CVEs
twisted89
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by twisted89 »

juusso wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:36 am sectroyer fears that disclosing technical details here we will help samsung technicians to find out what to do to stop us... So that such discussions are possible only privately or in hidden subforums. Big brother is watching us. Believe me. Time when we used to share all texhnical details is gone.
We're talking in a private sub forum.....

And not sharing technical details of an already patched exploit is totally nonsensical. It's patched already, you think Samsung's coders don't know how it works? They patched it!

Edit:
And on second thoughts - wasn't the new firmware that patched the exploit released before this root was released? Suggesting they already knew about it without any public details.
bugficks

Post by bugficks »

well there are enough sites that explain how to exploit webkit and linux/android kernel. no need for that here.
its a different thing if you have a specific question about a technical aspect. for starters load the rooting binary blob ida and analyze it. if you have some technical question then im sure sectroyer will say a thing or two.
i dont even remeber what CVEs are used but that doesnt matter, as its always the same as i ve already stated above.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

twisted89 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:23 pm And not sharing technical details of an already patched exploit is totally nonsensical. It's patched already, you think Samsung's coders don't know how it works? They patched it!
Yeah especially if find source code for many "parts" it's just a matter of using google ;) We have LOOOOOONG history (root, oscam, downgrade, etc.) of users asking to "share technical info" which lead to absolutely nothing :)
bugficks wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:12 am well there are enough sites that explain how to exploit webkit and linux/android kernel. no need for that here.
its a different thing if you have a specific question about a technical aspect. for starters load the rooting binary blob ida and analyze it. if you have some technical question then im sure sectroyer will say a thing or two.
Of course I will :) I just see no point in writing "essays" about the sploit that somebody will simply comment "interesting" ;) Sorry I am not a writer, if I will be "in a mood" to write some tutorial/description I will definitely post about it here :) To be honest I recently spent 2 hours of my private time to explain somebody one of our rooting techniques :) You want info ask correct questions :ugeek:
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Forgive them. They know how to properly talk in c++, not english...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
prisonbreak1988
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by prisonbreak1988 »

when i try to decrypt a recording i gett a error. i get this:

Code: Select all

[srf2ts] >>> Processing /opt/storage/usb/sdb1/CONTENTS/20180206215507.srf
[srf2ts] * Decrypting to: /opt/storage/usb/sdb1/REC/2018.02.06_21h55_TV3 - Chicago Med, Nothing to Fear.ts
[ffmpeg] >> FAILED ! 
i have also try this: srf2ts.sh -d [RECS...] and get this: [srf2ts] Source folder found: /opt/storage/usb/sdb1/CONTENTS
[srf2ts] Destination folder found: /opt/storage/usb/sdb1/REC
[srf2ts] -d switch: Using drmdecrypt instead of ffmpeg
[srf2ts] * /opt/storage/usb/sdb1/CONTENTS/[RECS...srf not found, ignoring.
[srf2ts] Args found, processing/overwriting requested recordings using drmdecrypt.

-e[srf2ts] Nothing to process, exiting...
it work with Another recordings

i have SamyGO_J_sysroot_v5.0.
have UE40ES7005 and UE48JS9005QXXE fw 1470
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f ... 50#p100981
Seriously?? 7 months later you still didn't understand??
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “[J] Software”