SKYPE ON C650

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

lacibogi

Re: SKYPE ON C650

Post by lacibogi »

CY STC1100 is the only one confirmed working device.
moeztrabelsi

Post by moeztrabelsi »

I attached STC1100 camera and it's working in LE37C650 running latest firmware 3011.0, pushed skype, when started it start updating and now it is working with no problem at all, and the micro can pick up even very low voice
;-)
moeztrabelsi

Post by moeztrabelsi »

I can confirm it is working on my 37c650
;-)
trex2000

Post by trex2000 »

seppel64 wrote:Ok, Ok, it is very easy to say "I expected this" AFTERWARDS.

But thats the case here. In the beginning of this thread another guy already tried it with the new Samsung camera and I told that the Skype app on C-Series only is compliant to the Freetalk camera. Samsung UK and ebay are wrong. (OK, trying one more time was nice to be sure, I appreciate that. Thanks from me for testing.)

BUT: There exists another Skype App for the D-Series. I already tried to instal it on my C750, but it did not install.(Only tried it once with Apache sending widgetlist.xml and zip).

The old Skype app zip-file was approximatley 40KB, the main part of this app was already on the TV (included with the firmware) or downloaded. This is different in the Skype 2011 app. The zip is about 12MB and contains, among other files, the skyhost file, libMoIPCamera_2058.so and mgfw_2058.bin and libAVAPI.so. Looks like the shared libraries are bundled within the app. I guess, if we can run the Skype 2011 app on C-Series, the Samsung camera could work too. Its a chance, I guess.

Best regards
Sven

I have bought a D6000 samsung tv for my parents with the main purpose of using skype from it.
Of course it doesn't work.
I have tried installing skype on it using the zip file that contained no executables, only a couple of icons which did not work.
Here you were saying that there is another skype which has also the .so libraries inside, however I cannot find it.
Could you tell me where did you find that , because I would like to test it also.

Thanks in advance.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

It wont work as well, but I search it for you at the evening.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
trex2000

Post by trex2000 »

:))
Thanks.
I just won't give up.
There has to be a solution

Return to “[C] Support”