PS50C680 hacking

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

JoyBed

PS50C680 hacking

Post by JoyBed »

Hi! I have a TV i wanna hack but I cant find any good info about it. Its a PS50C680 and so far i created the tesing usb that you plug into the series c tv and if it finds any “movies” than its hackable, my tv sees the usb but cant find any content on it. So i wanna ask if there is any solution or method to hack it to get samygo to run on it.
EDIT: I tried this hack https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title= ... es_models) but again my tv cant read things on the usb drive, it seems like the tv doesnt support ext3.
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: PS50C680 hacking

Post by beatfreak »

Go to Menu>Help>contact samsung there push down key to get to second site
Post your Firmware name and version
JoyBed wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:24 pm but again my tv cant read things on the usb drive, it seems like the tv doesnt support ext3.
you mean it doesnt even show you some folders on your usb drive despite you can see some on your pc?
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
JoyBed

Post by JoyBed »

beatfreak wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:39 pm Go to Menu>Help>contact samsung there push down key to get to second site
Post your Firmware name and version
JoyBed wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:24 pm but again my tv cant read things on the usb drive, it seems like the tv doesnt support ext3.
you mean it doesnt even show you some folders on your usb drive despite you can see some on your pc?
Yup, on a PC i can see the files on a ext3 flash drive but on a TV dont. My firmware is T-VAL4DEUC-1005.0 and sorry for my late answer i wasnt at home.
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

T-VAL4DEUC is a heavily restricted/reduced firmware, its possible that ext3 support has been left out.
Do you get an error when you try to backup your channel list on your ext3 flash drive?
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //

~.
JoyBed

Post by JoyBed »

beatfreak wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:20 pm T-VAL4DEUC is a heavily restricted/reduced firmware, its possible that ext3 support has been left out.
Do you get an error when you try to backup your channel list on your ext3 flash drive?
Yes, it says that no USB is connected. However in sources I can see the USB that it is connected and the name of the USB, it just doesnt see any files and cant backup on it.
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

The critical point is the Hotel mode backup/restore. Thats were we need a filesystem that supports symlinks. Maybe try xfs or ext2

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

~.
JoyBed

Post by JoyBed »

beatfreak wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:41 am The critical point is the Hotel mode backup/restore. Thats were we need a filesystem that supports symlinks. Maybe try xfs or ext2

I tried every filesystem that supports symlinks, TV just see the usb drive but cant see files on it. Is there any hack that uses ExLink?
JoyBed

Post by JoyBed »

I can access the TDM but I suppose that there is no help for me.
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

Nope, due to the input filtration you won't be able to create the symlinks with the serial console either.

~.
JoyBed

Post by JoyBed »

beatfreak wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:41 pm Nope, due to the input filtration you won't be able to create the symlinks with the serial console either.

And if I remove the input filtration? Like in this https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title= ... filtration ? The kernel parching seems simple enough.

Return to “[C] Support”