Playing with service menu I made a 40'' brick!!! UN40C5000

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Playing with service menu I made a 40'' brick!!! UN40C5000

Post by juusso »

I think you are doing something wrong.

1. TV is plugged of from wall, right?
2. Join pins in red and do not release.
3. Plug TV to wall and wait until you get TV screen
4. Release pins
5. Put TV to stand by from RC
6. Repeat procedure: red line- key combination to enter service menu-factory reset.

At first, you do not have enter to service menu. Just after you get LCD on and power off TV from RC. If you are trying to get to SM from the first time, you do not get success. And you should concentrate on IC401. That`s not only my opinion, but technician, who invented this "hard TV reset" says the same: if there is no 8-pin microchips in other side of mainboard, then it should be IC401 in your case, not other chip. Sure, it differs from board to board and it is possible to have some variations. But another member has the same board and he made the trick.

Edited:

Read here, maybe spotlight helps for you too?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Dary

Re: Playing with service menu I made a 40'' brick!!! UN40C50

Post by Dary »

Hi, I'm from Argentina and I have the same problem with my tv UN40C5000, and I did all the steps but nothing happened.
Can you help me please
thx a lot
valbertocostantini

Post by valbertocostantini »

Hello! I have the same TV (UN40C5000QMCDF chasis N98C) with the same problem. Just changed DTV option from Peru to Argentina and never turned on again, stand by LED blinks 6 times and goes off in a few seconds and then loops forever. I've tried shorting pin 5 and 6 from IC401 (main EEPROM) and IC 402 (subEEPROM) but nothing happens (it just doesn't blink 6 times when POWER ON).

I've disconnected pin 4 (BL_ON) and now backlight goes on when powering on but no image or whatsoever, start melody was disables so no sound either.

If there is anything else to do or someone has successfully got over this, please comment!

Cheers from Argentina!
Logan33

Post by Logan33 »

Good night. I have the same problem with a UN32C5000QM. It restarted when tuning TDA channels (channel 30). Enter the SM, change the DTV from "Peru" to "Arg" I think, I went to the FR option and the TV restarted and it no longer works. The Stand-By led blinks 6-7 times and restarts making a loop. I tried the Red Line method with the ATMEL (IC401 and IC402 I think it was) but it does not turn on the backlight or enter the SM. Is it a problem with the EEPROM ?. Has anyone the EEPROM and SPI ?.

Return to “[C] Support”