Beep, any idea? :)

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

andbir
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Beep, any idea? :)

Post by andbir »

Not exactly beeping -- but maybe you could use the messagebox service to show some kind of message? Search the forums for messagebox service.

On my system mounting is not an issue that causes errors (mounting my QNap NAS over NFS) it "always" works - i trimmed down the sleeps in the mountscripts to the minimum where it was working about only half the time then I added one second to every sleep-statement and now it's working like a charm - i even got rid of the annoying "new media inserted"-menu showing up when i shortened the sleep intervals to just the right amount.

I mount 4 network drives (mp3, photos, movies, PVR-recordings) and i am able to switch between them with the red button in the media player.

If you are worried about your mount commands not going through there is a WAKE-on-Lan executable somehere here on this forum you could use to wake up your pc/mediacenter/NAS/whatever.

I would then probably change your mounting script so that if it fails at first, it tries again after ~20 seconds.
Change the script to Loop for a maximum of 15 times then exit. (You do not want an indefinate loop in your startup script!)

Return to “[C] Support”